cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Business Data Sim - How do I check data usage/balance?

finalcreations
2: Seeker

I have a Business account with a Data sim but I can not find out how to check usage.

1. Business accounts don't work with the app.

2. The Vodafone Business 'My Account' does not tell you until 15 days after the end of the month.

3. Calling 44555 Does not work because it is a Business data sim.

4. Texting DATA BALANCE to 40506 does not work on Business accounts.

5. Live Chat with Vodafone is very time consuming and don't always tell me.

Does anyone know if there is a TXT number or phone number to call to get the usage? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Im not sure if this may help or not. 

"Alternatively, you can call 46210 free from your Vodafone mobile or 03333 044775 from any mobile or landline (standard call charges apply) to hear your balance and remaining data allowance. You’ll need your Mobile Broadband device’s number to hand before you call."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No luck,

Its a Data Sim so I can not call any numbers from it, and when I call the 03333 044775 from a landline and when asked type my Data Sim mobile number, vodafone does not recognise it.

I assume it is because its a Vodafone Business Data Sim.

Thank you for your help.

There must be a way else how will I know when I have maxed out my data usage?

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

It will depend on your setup, but if I enter "data usage monitor" into the Start menu for Windows 10, I see assorted apps, some of them free, which will provide details of usage. I still use an app of this sort on my phone, and its results are broadly comparable with the usage that shows on my Vodafone account.

Clearly there must be a better "official" route for monitoring your usage, although I don't know what it is, but something of this sort would at least enable you to keep tabs on how things are gong.

Thanks Anne,

I use a NETGEAR LB1111 Wireless Dongle which lets me see a 'rough guess' MB usage, but I don't know how accurate it is and I have to reset it every month.

Like you said, it would be nice to get my exact usage from Vodafone instead of using a 3rd party 'non-official' software.

Thanks

I am following this thread as I have the exact same issue.

Stu

finalcreations

I have spoken to Vodafone Business IT Team and they say there is no easy way to check your current data usage except to contact Vodafone by phone or online chat.

He did say they are working on a business version of the app.... but this wont be ready for another 6 months.

(I am not sure if he was just saying this to get me off the phone)

Not good :Confused_face:

andreasmjg
1: Seeker

I have a business account and I can text DATA BALANCE to 40506 to get Gb spent.

I have tried texting DATA BALANCE to 40506 and it does not work for me.

@finalcreations All our small business customers can check there data usage by texting DATA BALANCE to 40506.

If you're unable to do this, our Live Chat team will be able to lok into this for you.