cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect samsung after powercut help?

Starjax
4: Newbie

I had a 8 hour unexpected powercut yesterday and eversince my Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 does not have any connectivity. Its fine if wi-fi is taken off and my data connection is used and i can cannect to the net but as soon as wi-fi is back on nothing happens. I can send and receive texts ok.
My other devices (ipad and laptop are fine re wi-fi) so know my wi-fi connection hasnt broken.
I have tried retyping in my settings, turning phone off and on, taking battery out.
Any suggestions please???!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Starjax

Please perform a soft reset of your router, then go into your phone's WiFi settings, forget your connection and log in again.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to back up and factory reset your phone which will refresh the connection to your home WiFi.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Go into your phones wifi settings and Forget the Network for your router name and then try again to connect.

Remember wep keys are case sensitive.

Can you check if your phone connects to other wifi sources such as coffee shops or MacDonalds etc.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your ideas i've tried your first one and it didnt make any difference but i am going to try your 2nd one to find out if my phone connects to any other wifi sources.

I am totally stumped i dont know what else i can do!

BandOfBrothers
Ok.

As a process of elimination by doing that at least you'll know if it's the phone that's failing.

Good luck.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes you are right. Its so annoying cos its a new phone ive only had it 3 weeks and it was fine before the power cut. Somethings gone wrong somewhere but i cant figure out what!

Hi BandofBrothers,

I did what you said and tried another wifi source away from the house and my phone was fine, so i'm now thinking its a Vodafone problem?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Starjax

Please perform a soft reset of your router, then go into your phone's WiFi settings, forget your connection and log in again.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to back up and factory reset your phone which will refresh the connection to your home WiFi.

Thanks ChazzD i did a reset of router and reset wifi settings and all working ok now. Thank you! 😄