Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contacting BBC Watch Dog??

wtdvwg40
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After many days and even more phone calles to Vodafone I was thinking it's about time we started contacting the BBC with regards to being misled and lied to by Vodafone.

I placed my iPhone 7 upgrade on the day Vodafone started taking orderds. I've been told 4 times now that my iPhone 7 was going to be deliverd but hours before the day of the delivery a message was sent saying DPD did not have a phone to deliver??

Vodafone have started my new contract and have even billed me for the new phone that I dont yet have??

I've called 14 times now! My next call is to cancel my contact!!

From what I've seen there are 100's of people in the same boat!!

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you had read this forum over a long period of time as some of us have, you would be aware that this farrago happens every year without fail and that Apple with their short shipments are just as complicit as Vodafone. No mobile company is going to recruit 00s of extra staff just to handle the hysteria that ensues every time a new iPhone is released, so consequently the already-thin resources get stretched to breaking point.  

The way to avoid all this is either to get the phone direct from Apple, or to not dive in on release day.

Ok. But if Vodafone know that to be the case, that it happens ever year, and that they are never going to have the resources or quantity of phones to cope with it, then they should never have made the promise that would deliver all orders on launch. That is just blatant misselling. 

@Tsathoggua lots of companies have peak demand weeks and plan and possibly hire temporary staff if needed or sub contract work out. They prepare for the onslaught.

They also normally set up a FAQ page, they ensure there is a spokesperson/s who give regular updates, they think of ways of ensuring they keep their customers happy by asking if customers want to change model for one they have stock in. I wonder if we can think of any examples of companies in the UK doing this?

To have a company go into meltdown because a regular event took them by surprise is just pure mismanagement.