Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit check issues

Sgpascoe
1: Seeker

Hi there, id like to ask if its possible to talk to the credit check team who process my application? Ive recently been declined due to some details in my credit report being incorrect. For example It claims I am not registered with the electoral roll, but i have proof that I am. 

I dont want to go through the checks and automatically fail because of an error in the system. 

Im looking at spending over £1000 with vodafone in the next 2 years, and have never had a problem paying my phone bills in the past. 

I hope you can help. 

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sgpascoe

Im afraid there isn't a direct contact number for thst department as they are not customer facing. 

They would i assume also be restricted to discussing this due to the Data Protection Act. 

If this was my situation I'd check with experian that all is ok ,and then re apply in 90 days which allows your credit score to recover. 

Vodafone Information page > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/our-privacy-policy/credit-checking/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Good evening!

It looks like from reading your post that your issue lies with your credit file rather than with Vodafone.

Vodafone (and other companies) have to rely on the data supplied by the credit reference agencies in order for them to understand risk before offering their products and services.

What I would recommend is getting a full copy of your credit file (if you haven't already) and speak to them to rectify any information that is incorrect.

That way, when companies run a search on you in the future, you'll pass much easier.