Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

End VF contract

Paffman
7: Helper
7: Helper

I have been with VF for some years now and always had reasonable service from them. My contract with VF ends on the 12th April this year and for some reason VF do not now offer HTC phones. So I want to move service provider when the time comes.

My questiois are...

What do I have to do to leave VF on my contract end date?

Do I have to give notice or do I just let it run out?

When do I start my new contract with the other provider so as to keep continuous service?

I want to keep my number so I assume I will be able to get a PAC from VF?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8

6 REPLIES 6

Makelo
12: Established
12: Established

A contract does not end, it continues on a rolling contract until you give notice to end it.

To leave there are a few options;

Give notice you intend to finish the contract, this will take thirty days, after which your account will be closed, but you will lose your number this way which is not what you want. 

To keep your number and transfer it to a new network ask for a PAC code within the last thirty days of your contract. This is valid for thirty days. Take out a new contract with another provider prior to the end date of your Vodafone contract and give them the PAC code on or around the end of your minimum term with Vodafone. It should take a couple of days to transfer depending on when you give the PAC code and they don't transfer over weekends.

This will terminate your contract with Vodafone on the transfer date. If your transfer goes through before the minimum term date, you will still be liable to pay up to that date.

There is another option if you wish to stay with Vodafone but have an HTC phone and that is to buy a phone from a third party supplier. Some like CPW can provide an upgrade but you need to be specific that you want an upgrade and not a new contract.  

Or if that's not competetive enough you can take out a new contract with Vodafone through a third party supplier, put Vodafone on notice to change your current contract to a PAYG which will take thirty days. After thirty days when it's a PAYG you can transfer your old Vodafone number to your new Vodafone contract.

There are lots of ways to do it, timing is the key to keep it as close to your end date as possible.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Paffman

If you do move Networks if an upgrade does not interest you at this time, by using a PAC Code or by giving 30 days notice if your not concerned in keeping your number please do not cancel your Direct Debit until at least you receive a Sorry your Leaving Letter and £0 bill which then shows the account has ceased. 

Your Final Bill will precede this by post and taken by the Direct Debit. 

You could go to Sim Only instead of letting your previous contract run on a rolling contract ,which can be cheaper if you choose the 12 month over the 30 day option, and then carry on using a phone you already own or buy one sim free. Shops such as CEX sell pre owned phones and unwanted upgrades. 

You could sell any pre owned phones to help finance the purchase. Then if a phone becomes available you could then change back to a full contract after any required criteria has been met. 

If a person upgrades with an independent then be aware certain discounts such as Employers VEA are not available. Other issues we have come across are that the independent can sometimes be a little slow in passing all the required information to Vodafone especially Cpw to get the connection set up. Also you become their customer with Vodafone providing the network connection. 

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this.I would suggest to try out alternative Networks via Payg SIM cards to get a true user experience. 

You can get your phone unlocked to try other sims and also possibly increase its street value if you decide to sell. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, just adding to the great advice above, if you want to cancel on the day of your contract minimum term end date you must give exactly 30 days notice, not 31 or 29 or anything else, they insist on 30 days, if however you get your PAC and use that then that terminates your contract on the day it's used and you are then liable for any charges up to the end of your minimum term.

Thanks Guys, all very good advice and stuff I didn't know.

Last night I used the VF unlocking system, got the code and unlocked my HTC One M8. Popped an O2 sim in and I get  full 5 bars signal, I get 2 to 3 bars signal with VF. 

I know that you have 02 and BT as service providers, I want to go with BT. Is there any difference signal wise between O2 and BT mobile?

Edit:

I have just used O2 & BT Mobile coverage checker and there is a difference at my address. Is there any way I can get a free BT Mobile sim card to try?

Mobile Device: HTC One M8

BandOfBrothers

Hi

You're welcome. 

Bt Mobile is a MVNO who uses the EE mobile network so it would be an idea to check what signal strength and data speeds Ee give. 

Current Phone  >

I don't think Bt Mobile offer payg. 

Current Phone  >