Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware update - issues with Philips Hue Bridge

nyfc
3: Seeker

My router updated automatically to 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.6 at some point in the last couple of weeks and ever since then my Philips Hue Bridge has not been able to connect to the internet.  This means I can't control the lights remotely and cannot use the geolocation or link to IFTT.  

I've tried port forwarding directly to the bridge and turning off the firewall.  Neither have had any effect.  I have two Hue Bridges and neither connects any longer, both have a flashing third light on the bridge showing they are unable to connect to the internet.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

68 REPLIES 68

liam_bowers
Legintoof, if you took those addresses out of the allow list, does it still work?

If not, then it confirms some kind of content filtering stupidity on Vodafones side.

liam_bowers
Although having said that, I've not needed to do that but my content control settings are 'off'.

I had mine set to safe and it didnt work for me without the adresses in allow  - so I added the addresses to the allowed list and then it seemed to work after that.

After I pasted in the addresses I found this is what they look like after saving in the allowed list.

www.meethue.com

dcp.cpp.phillips.com

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Domx360 @nyfc If you're still experiencing issues with this, please follow the steps provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly.

im also having same issue... @Natasha can you send me the steps to follow to resolve this please

Really, you're going to provide details of how to resolve via private message?? Is there a reason why this information can't be shared wih the Vodafone customer base that have been impacted via a change at your end?

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@andyjy the steps @Tash will have sent through will be instructions on how to contact the broadband team.

With more and more people contacting them hopefully the scale of the issue will become more obvious and with any luck a fix will appear sooner.

@liam_bowers After you said I took out the addresses from the Allow access list and my Hue system stoppeed working again. I have now put the again and left it while I went to work and its all good. Now have a working Hue system hooked up to my amazon echo dot.

I have the samme issue with my Hue Bridge since the firmware upgrade. Can somone from Vodafone send me the steps to get this working please?