Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forgotten Password for mobileemail.vodafone.net

KatSkeldon
4: Newbie

I called customer services who fed me a load of rubbish and now I am hoping you can help. They told me eventually that forwarding wouldn't even work which I know isn't the case!

I need to set up email forwarding for my mobileemail.vodafone.net account but I can't remember the password. Can it be reset from your end?

16 REPLIES 16

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Have your tried the 'i forgot my password' link at http://mobileemail.vodafone.net ?

I didn't even know that was there!! FABULOUS.... only will the email be sent to the email in question?! If so, I can't get it as I have switched to Z10 already! Says PW has been sent, but I can't access it :Sad_face:

grolschuk

Do you still have your old BB to put your SIM into?

It is a different sized SIM and when I did go through activating my old SIM with Voda the other day on my 9900, the email accounts set up there have now all gone anyway so I can't access them from there at all.

grolschuk

That may be because the BIS feature had been removed from your new price plan, so your 9900 would not be able to see the blackberry servers.

Do you know anyone else with a VF BB that you can borrow the SIM for a minute, your handset will be able to use their BIS provision to get at the emails...

If not, it sounds like one for the tech team (or 191, or even a shop) if they can re-activate your old SIM and provision BIS for you to get at your old phone.

Or be able to reset the password remotely (not sure if they can do that)

When I asked them about sorting this out on Friday I was on the phone for over an hour, the woman didn't know what she was doing. Because my BB ID has been associated with my new handset, all accounts were no longer active on the old phone. She switched me over, left me waiting for 45 minutes, then came back and said that there isn't a way that the emails can be forwarded anyway. I have no faith in calling 191 as they don't know what they are doing and I am hoping a Voda techie person is going to pick this issue up from here :Smiling:

Wish I knew about that password reset page before I switched as I could have set it up on Wifi before I switched SIMs over. I don't have a new price plan, I just did a SIM swap as I purchased the handset outright through a third party anyway. I emailed them to ask to reset the password remotely and I got a standard load of old rubbish back that the email isn't supported on the phone which is basically what the woman told me on Friday despite me shouting that she was 100% wrong and I wanted to set up the forwarding so I needed the password.

Painful doesn't even come close!! :Sad_face:

Hi KatSkeldon,

I believe that the forwarding option is only a temporary fix created by BlackBerry as the email address is to be completely removed in 12 months time.

However, so that we can look into this for you and try and get everything setup I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team will be able to help.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I'm having the same problem. Can you send me the info too please

Thanks

Hi shazzerella,

Click here to get us your details and we'll have a look.

Dave