Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S3 MMS Issues

LFB1975
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a problem sending and receiving picture messages.  I have set up the MMS APN from settings that were sent to me by VF CS but its still not working.  When I do get one I see the picture breafley then I keep getting is message retrival failed about 3 times.

Any one else suffered from this problem.  Anyone know how to fix it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

b0yce
13: Advanced Member
Glad to hear it, can you please mark your post as the solved issue.

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Lee,

Thank you for your reply. I have sent over the information required and look forward to you response. I also have to outline your humour and if only your company's customer service was as good as your humour you may have a few more happy customers. Also yes I am well aware that I am able to send pictures via email but the point is that this is a simple service that Vodafone are not providing and to point out that all the time with Orange I never experienced any problems or lack of customer care or service.

Kind Regards

Graeme

Still waiting for a call or response from Vodafone. Useless. 

Hi Descoteaux,

I can see that your email was responded to yesterday can I ask if you have received this yet?

If not please can you also check your spam folders and let us know if this is still missing.

James

I received the email but this has not worked and has been tried before. This surely should of been on the system from when it was tried before.

Still we wait

Hi Descoteaux,

I’ve taken a look at this for you and everything is set up as it should be at this end for you.

Are you able to try your SIM in another phone to rule that side of things out for us?

James

When I try and send it on my S3 still comes back saying 'service not activated on Network'! On one of my numerous visit into the vodafone stores they replaced the sim and tried it in another phone and there was still the same problem. We then replaced the Sim and it still does not work. I suggested before as I transfered from Orange to Vodafone this could have affected it but seems that no one really has a scooby what is wrong or how to fix it. I have experienced terrible customer service from Vodafone so would love to get this resolved.

b0yce
13: Advanced Member

Sounds like they should have checked your account set-up in the store whilst you were there!

I do believe it needs to be activated on your account before you can send/receive. The error message is quite clear here. Just wait for one of the Vodafone guys to get back to you on here.

Well apparently the service is active and settings are ok. Anyway email sent so I wait with anticipation

Hi Descoteaux,

It's always best, if we've been looking into something by email for you on your account, to just reply by email where possible on the query - that way we can see what has been tried before as well as access the account itself, which is something we can't do solely via a public eForum.

James mentioned checking the account and everything showed as OK - that rules out anything visible on the systems the advisors would have used so far, so we'll just need to dig a little further for you. I'm confident we can get things sorted for you.

Dave

Am also having problems receiving MMS on Galaxy SIII. I have checked all the settings and appear to be correct. Have tried calling Vodafone to check if on my plan and very surprised to find I cannot get to talk to anyone. All recorded messages with no option to speak! What a pity as I have always been so pleased with the Vodafone service.

Help. How do I get MMS set up?