Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S4 data connectivity issues

twins1984
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been having mobile network connection issues.When I go into an area of poor service, and back into an area of adequate service, or the mobile network connection frequency protocol is required to switch modes, the phone's connection will "freeze."  When this happens, the phone indicates that there is still a mobile network connection, but there is not. All attempts to revive the connection (toggling airplane mode on/off, enabling/disabling mobile network, switching network modes, etc) fail.  Nothing works. The phone WILL NOT be able to send/receive calls/text/data until the phone is rebooted. I've used factory reset with clearing the device fully but the problem still appears! 

I'm so fed up with this........ Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @twins1984 ,

I'd recommend checking Kies for any software updates available. You can find out how to do this in our Device Help page.

Failing that, let us swap your SIM for you in store. It could be a fault with the SIM, which would explain the issues you get with it being unable to latch back onto the network.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @twins1984 ,

I'd recommend checking Kies for any software updates available. You can find out how to do this in our Device Help page.

Failing that, let us swap your SIM for you in store. It could be a fault with the SIM, which would explain the issues you get with it being unable to latch back onto the network.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks for the advice Ben

I've changed the sim in one of the local stores last week. So far so good. I will report bak if the issue reoccurs.

Regards

Swav

Update on the case.

Problem still persists! Phone was out of network for a long while as was under the pillow overnight. When trying to reconnect to network I've even tried switching the AirMode on but it froze the mode - could not turn it off or on fully... Had to restart the phone to fix the issue. I'm sending the phone back to Samsung as some air bubbles appeared under the screen in the corners...

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @twins1984

I’m sorry to hear this.

Take a look at our repair thread for info on how to get this sorted

Thanks,

Jenny