Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Android Update Lollipop 5.0

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
I know there's an old thread talking about Android 4.4.3, and this is largely the same question....

Any clues on when Android 5.0 is coming to the HTC One M8 on VF?
43 REPLIES 43

hrym
17: Community Champion

@naeduk72 wrote:
4. I'm sure I used to have a little new mail icon at the top of the screen but I no longer get this. Any idea how to reenable this?

What mail app are you  using?   I use the Gmail one and still get new mail notifications as you describe.   If you're using something else, you may need to re-enable notifications in the app's own settings.

Thanks. I just use the default "mail" app. I get the little mail icon when the phone is unlocked, but I don't have any little icons in the top left of the lock screen any more.

hrym

Have a look at the settings for the app itself.   Sometimes the stock apps get updated along with the firmware and the options change.   It's a longshot, but worth a try.

There is an option "Show notifications in status bar" but that is selected. The notification works fine when the phone is not locked.

The problem is that I get the flashing green light to say that there is a notification but I can't find out what the notification is (i.e. email, appointment, missed call, etc.) without unlocking the phone. I suspect that I might get the notification icons back if I can resolve the other queries that I raised, as I think they may be related:

1. My media controls no longer show on the lock screen - Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play music, iPlayer radio, etc. I would like to reeable them.

2. Spotify now shows full screen album art on my lock screen. Any idea how to disable this?

3. I have had to disable all lock screen notification as the "Power Saver On" notification appears on the lock screen and tapping it accidentally turns it off. I don't need a "Power Saver On" notification - is there any way of disabling this notification permanently? The power saver icon still shows at the top of the screen and that is all I need.