Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC one Mini 2 line of faulty devices

Dimuha
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So here it goes. I am utterly dissapointed in Vodafone and incredibly angry. I have htc one mini 2. I have signed a contract from the start of this year. So far, I have been given a new handset 4 times. 4 times the handset is developing faults and errors within the android system. All 4 times vodafone repair shop gives me the new handset with a comment, that they cannot perform the repair, so we are giving a new handset instead. 

2 days ago, the phone died again. I am not going to go to shop and get another same faulty handset. I demand a new make and model. 

I tried speaking with staff over the phone, it take around 45 minutes to get some sort of incoherent response. So far I was promissed a callback on the same day - I got no calls from Vodafone.

Please, let me ged rid of this faulty htc. You know there is an issue in it. So please, do all people a favor. Admit your mistake and give new makes and models to people. I am such desperation that i am going to cancel direct debit. I believe, after i'll do this, Vodafone will definetely going to speak to me.

I am planning to email to CEO. Clearly, customer support does nothing and cannot help neither me, not other angry customers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I suggest you look at the string "HTC mini 2 - always breaking" and you'll see a myriad of others with exactly the same issues. Regrettably the 'techteam' on here will just try fob you off, but you can see that Vodafone do admit (eventually) to their being an inherent problem and you can demand a different handset. The following is the most helpful,

"I just want to let other HTC One mini 2 users know that - after much insistence, complaints via various channels and an email to the CEO - I have finally been contacted by someone from the Customer Relations team. They have assured me that next time this phone breaks (since I have just now received yet another new replacement) they will allow me to replace it for a different make and model of the same value.  They have put a detailed note on my file to that effect.  Obviously I cannot test this until the phone breaks again - which we know it will - but I suggest you contact this team (Removed by Moderator) and demand the same. 

Despite what the reps on this chat say, there IS an issue with this phone, the tech team and the people in store know about it and, from my experience, are pretty embarassed when they have to tell customers there is no process for addressing it.

Hopefully the promise made to me by Customer Relations is an honest one and you can demand the same. How Vodafone go about sorting out their Customer Services and customer experience...? That is another matter because, as it stands, it falls short of the lowest of low expectations

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

Before you anything, do not cancel your DD. You will charged for no having DD and late payment. This will not prompt Vodafone to call you, they will send you letters with outstanding payments. I would highly recommend calling them and escalating it to a complaint as you have been through such a horrible experience.

Hi, thank you for the reply :Smiling:

The problem is, that it takes me on average 30 minutes to get to someone who understands my issue.Unfortunately, I cannot dedicate my all time on fighting with them on the phone. 

This is why I am expressing my frustration over here. Even livechat is not available at this moment. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The other follow on issue with stopping your DD is that Vodafone can if they exhaust all reasonable avenues to collect owed monies bring in Collection Companies and place a default that would last for 6 years on your Credit File. 

A Network would typically exchange the make and model of a phone only if that particular model was discontinued and they had no units left in stock. They would then usually offer a shortlist of phones of a similar make and model under their Insurance. 

It certainly can't harm to ask if they would consider your request however. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

But on another hand they are responsible for working order of the devices. I am as a customer paying for device which works. The faults it is having is purely because of bad software. It is responsibility of the network. Also, they have been echanging my devices for a new one 4 times!!!!. 

It is not economically viable for them and frustrating for me

I suggest you look at the string "HTC mini 2 - always breaking" and you'll see a myriad of others with exactly the same issues. Regrettably the 'techteam' on here will just try fob you off, but you can see that Vodafone do admit (eventually) to their being an inherent problem and you can demand a different handset. The following is the most helpful,

"I just want to let other HTC One mini 2 users know that - after much insistence, complaints via various channels and an email to the CEO - I have finally been contacted by someone from the Customer Relations team. They have assured me that next time this phone breaks (since I have just now received yet another new replacement) they will allow me to replace it for a different make and model of the same value.  They have put a detailed note on my file to that effect.  Obviously I cannot test this until the phone breaks again - which we know it will - but I suggest you contact this team (Removed by Moderator) and demand the same. 

Despite what the reps on this chat say, there IS an issue with this phone, the tech team and the people in store know about it and, from my experience, are pretty embarassed when they have to tell customers there is no process for addressing it.

Hopefully the promise made to me by Customer Relations is an honest one and you can demand the same. How Vodafone go about sorting out their Customer Services and customer experience...? That is another matter because, as it stands, it falls short of the lowest of low expectations

Thank you!!! This person gets me. CEO complain and calling that number. Do you know the working hours of that phone number?

sorry, i don't know. Good luck though.

I am amused that the moderater has now removed the phone number of the customer services department that could help you. Read what you like about Vodafone's view of customers into that.

i tried to dial the number already. It works. i saved it in my phone. So if anyone needs it, I can provide it.

Well done, customer support. Now you just ticking my boxes why to leave Vodafone