Device: Samsung J5 2017. Android 7.0
Post Title: ' SK6 ' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
NO! Happenes everywhere
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
Not Registered on Network
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
6) When did you first notice this issue?
First time I tried my new phone
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
This means your SIM is not connecting and talking to the network. This is either a phone or SIM fault, the first thing to do is to try your SIM in an alternative phone, if you do not have an alternative phone, a Vodafone store will help. If this is a SIM fault, by going to a store, they will replace your SIM.
This could also be an account issue where your account has been restricted for some reason. This is something CS or live chat will be able to answer.
I'll try my SIM in another phone.
Iv'e tried another SIM too tho, one from the shop and one from the VF website. Both don't work on my phone and give the same error.
I don' fancy talking to anyone on live chat AGAIN.... waste of time.. I'll take my phone to the vf shop if it continues
If you have tried a different SIM in the phone and still have the same error, it sounds very much like a phone fault where the phone is not reading the SIM.
The best way forward is to take the phone into a store and let them try your SIM in one of the store phones, the store will then be in a position to see the fault and recommend the best way to get the phone repaired if necessary.
If you have Vodafone UK on the phone but are unable to make any calls, send texts or access data, it sounds like a problem at account level. This is going to need account access, the quickest way to get an answer is to use live chat or call Vodafone from any other phone from the number on the contact us link below.
If you are not in a hurry and don't mind waiting, the Team on the forum can help but it won't be quick.
@Jadams965 If you're still having trouble connecting to the network and you'd like further assistance we'll be more than happy to help. I understand how frustrating this must be and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.
I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so we can access your account and investigate further.