main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

How do you stop unwanted SMS from 80027 that are stealing my credit?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

FWIW, if I left click on the image in Firefox, nothing happens.  However, If I right click and then select "view image", it opens full size - in a new tab.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

With all due respect,I do not agree. I contacted Vodafoen and they said they would stop all premium SMS.  When the SMS continued, I was told by Vodafone that they cannot do this and that I should not have been told this.

I was also sent an SMS that I should register with another site - telephone preference service.  A quick review of the site makes it very cear that they have nothing to do with SMS

Phonepayplus are not a solution either.  It takes forever to get anything reoled with the underlying company.  In the meantime the SMS senders are coining it because people are not checking bills  etc

I believe that there is a scam where lists are being sold and the network operators are happily sitting in the middle carrying the SMS and colllecting a fee in the middle.  As customer services put it to me: "we are only carrying the SMS it has nothing to do with us".

On that particular line, I had the luxury of cancelling and getting a new subscription from another provider.  But ultimately, it is the only solution  so long as network providers do not crack down on the senders

View more options
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not particularly in favour of these pay on your phone bill/with your credit schemes for this reason.

I do think regulators limit what technical measures the operators can take to stop service operators alleging they are impeding their business but it's far too easy for it to be abused in my view.

Saying that I don't think they do as much as they could do as it does bring a fair amount of revenue in for them.

One of a number of reasons I've always gone back to PAYG

View more options