Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to Reset Voicemail access Code

ACProctor
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I am currently outside of the UK (in Ireland) and I need to access my voicemail. I was asked for an access code but I don't recall setting one up. I tried to guess but access is now blocked. Can you tell me how to reset my voicemail access code?

I rang the customer services number(s) but ended up in "menu loops" and never got to an advisor -- my credit is therefore nearly all gone. The chat facility is currently "unavailable" and I have been trying it for nearly an hour now.

Is there a Web-based method, or some way of actually getting help from an advisor?
13 REPLIES 13

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You will only be able to reset your voicemail PIN when you are in the UK, so you will need to wait until you return to do this.

PWIAC

What? It will be some months before my return, and the messages are important ones. Is there no email support, or special number I can ring for support?

drey_p

There are no support email addresses.  You can access LiveChat from the contact us link at the bottom of this page.  From abroad, you can call +44 7836 191 191

Please be aware that, whilst they can reset your voicemail PIN, it probably won't work because you are abroad which is why I said that you'd need to do it when in the UK.

PWIAC

I appreciate the help but your suggestion is merely echoing what the web site says. However, that number does not get you through to an advisor -- I've tried many combinations from the menu -- and the Chat is simply "unavailable" (still).

Ironically, the message I want is from Customer Services for another issue, and I cannot get back to them, or listen to their message.

drey_p

Are you trying to access LiveChat from a computer or mobile device?  It works best from a computer.  

If you have been trying on a computer and it is not working, try a different browser or try clearing your cache and cookies. 

PWIAC

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

When you first accessed voicemail you would have had to set up a four digit pin.

It is worth trying Live Chat again (from a computer ) as a few of us have tried it this afternoon and the waiting times have all been under 2 minutes.

Annie_N

If you still can't make Live Chat work, a method of last resort to get through to an advidor on the phone is to take the "thinking of leaving" option - but that is only staffed 8am-8pm.

Thanks for that suggestion -- I suspect you're right there.

I was on a (real) computer all day yesterday, and the 'Live Chat' was only ever "Busy" or "Unavailable"... all day!

I may take that option anyway

Annie_N

@ACProctor I see that this thread is in PAYG. If you're a PAYG customer, have you clicked the PAYG tile at the top of the page? I'm getting the green "Start Live Chat" immediately. When I clicked that just now, and entered my name and phone number in the engagement window, the onscreen prediction was for a 40-sec wait, but it actually look just under 3 min for me to find that I was connected to an adviser.