Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Intermittent issue with receiving calls on iPhone 6 plus

Trixman
2: Seeker

Hi,

Since upgrading to a 6 plus I've been having issues with receiving calls. The majority go straight to voicemail. 

The saga has been going on now for weeks. It started with me contacting Vodafone support, who went through all the first line of issues. Resetting network settings, voicemail settings etc etc. None of which worked to cure the issue.

The problem with diagnosis is that its intermittent. It seems that a reset of everything, whether it be turning it off/on, or changing wifi/mobile network settings, seems to fix it temporarily. So I get the 'good, all done' from the operator, to only find the next load of calls all go to VM.

Went through 3-4 long calls and processes. In the end went to Voda store where they gave me a new SIM. 

Problem persisted! So in the end I gave them the phone to send away to test. In the interim period they gave me those terrible temporary phones. But you know what, AT LEAST IT WORKED. Every call received. No voicemails for the whole week.

Got my call to let me know the phone was back at the store. They ended up changing the whole phone! So now I have a different 6 plus, different SIM.. and guess what. Yep, today couldn't get any calls until I reset the phone again.

NO idea where to go from here. Its not localised to my post code, happens everywhere.

Would anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Ask Vodaphone to reset your account.

If you have a local  store make an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment to have a diagnostic run.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Ask Vodaphone to reset your account.

If you have a local  store make an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment to have a diagnostic run.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Usmank83
Hi, I have the same problem.
How did you resolve the issue?
It's been 2 weeks and this continues

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Usmank83

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Sukhi

After many, many, many phone calls. Many. 

With repeating the same thing, over, and over, and over. 

Visiting the Vodafone store. Several times, repeating the situation. Again. 

Sent my phone to be repaired in which they gave me a 'temp' phone. This worked PERFECTLY. 

Received a new (or refurbished, even though mine was brand new) iphone back.... and yep, no calls again. 

Cue lots more calls. Repeating the situation again.

Eventually they extended the 'ring delay'... i.e. the time it takes for the answerphone to come on. That seemed to fix it, although my answer phone no longer comes on at all (though just tried to turn it back on so fingers crossed).

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

@Trixman - Signal strength can vary slightly between handsets. Has your iPhone also got a case that could be affecting the antenna performance?

@Usmank83 - If this is an account issue, please come and speak to us on Live help so we can check your case details.

Thanks,

Ben

Usmank83
Thanks for replying.

I will follow the steps however my brother lives same address as me and he is also on Vodafone and his reception is fine.

The Vodafone tech team in Egypt are telling me there a issue with
My number and account when I transferred my number across and could take another 10days

So until then I am meant to play a gamble of whether I can receive calls or not? I have missed out on a job interview because of This and I am not happy.

Wish I had stayed With EE

I have a appointment with Apple Store to see if the phone bit I have tried my sim in my brother phone and same thing happens