Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone not working - ended up in washing machine! :(

suecool99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi my iphone 6s ended up in the washing machine and is obviosuly now not working and i forgot to put insurance on it! i am gutted! i am not due an upgrade until next January but wondering what other options are aviable to me? pay to cancel and start a new contract?? how much would this be? i have 2 boys in school and one in nursery and the only way the parents/nursery can contact me is through work phone! i feel lost without a phone! any help would be great many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @suecool99

Providing you meet the criteria and are on an eligable tariff, there is the flexi upgrade option but it probably won't come cheap.  Further information on this link What’s a Flexi-upgrade and how do I get one?.

The only other alternatives are to purchase the phone at your own expense or pay off the contract to leave you free to upgrade.

Some suggest looking at household insurance to see if it's covered but with insurance companies being touchy when a claim is made, it may not be worth the bother. 

Thanks for that info - i have clicked on the flexi upgrade link but the info says 'to find out more and how much it will cost visit my vodafone app' which i cant log into at the moment because my phone isnt working :Sad_face:

AnnS

Hi @suecool99

If you call upgrades from any other phone or use live chat from the PC, they will be able to help.  The contact us information is on this link Contact Us.  Also a Vodafone Store will be able to give the same information.

BandOfBrothers

@suecool99

Some Bank Accounts offer mobile cover as a perk of the account. 

Perhaps check yours. 

They'll be a excess to pay. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

redpages

I'd imagine the SIM card will be a lost cause too. The good news here is a Vodafone store should be able to connect your mobile number to a new SIM card, leaving just the phone situation to sort out (see the good advice on this already from AnnS and bandofbrothers)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks all - I have checked my bank :Sad_face: no insurance there either its my own fault! but just so frustrating and my nearest vodafone shop is 50 minutes away :Sad_face:  xx

hrym

I don't use iPhones, but I know people who do.   If you can get to an Apple store, they'd be able to have a look for you and see what (if any) the repair options are.   I doubt it'll be cheap, but might be less than the price of a new phone.  I believe you need to book, so check the Apple website.

Until you can upgrade, you could simply opt for an inexpensive device but, of course, it won't be an iPhone so you'll need to get used to a new ecosystem.  Or you could look at secondhand phone shops for an older model of iPhone.  That's probably better than eBay as you've got some comeback if it fails and you can be sure it's properly cleaned and unlocked.