Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kit Kat is here on the GS4

Tizzletom
4: Newbie

Kit Kat update is now available via OTA and Kies. Go and check it out :Smiling:

If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated
45 REPLIES 45

Jimbeam76

Installed 4.4.2 on my unbranded Vodafone S4 this morning.

All good so far...

Tizzletom
Just so you know. Normally after a full day of normal use id have 50% but today I ended with 25%. Terrible!
If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Tizzletom wrote:
Just so you know. Normally after a full day of normal use id have 50% but today I ended with 25%. Terrible!

You do realise it takes a little while for the ROM to "bed in"?  Also, did you do a hard reset (factory reset) on the device after you updated?  This is a major update and I would strongly recommend that you do a hard reset in order to clear out any bits of coding that could cause an issue.  Obviously, make sure you have everything backed up before you do as it will completely wipe your device.

PWIAC

Tizzletom
I really really hate reseting my device. I like how everything is set up and it's a pain to get it back into a decant state. It's "Android System" that is using most of my battery

drey_p

It can be a bit of a pain but it can also result in a much more stable device and can iron out problems such as battery drain.

PWIAC

Tizzletom
Will the apps on my sd card be usable again after the reset. I don't need to re download them

Android system is using most battery. And in the next post I'll include the process 

Cannot find a way to stop this 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did you factory  reset yet?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png