Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kit Kat is here on the GS4

Tizzletom
4: Newbie

Kit Kat update is now available via OTA and Kies. Go and check it out :Smiling:

If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated
45 REPLIES 45

Brian2412
What is the best way to save my apps I have downloaded from play store so when I update the new software they can be put back on my phone as they were? ...For example will candy crush restore back to the start or the level I am at? ... Last time I had to manually download each app again which was frustrating. .. Thanks

I've just updated mine, and done a factory restore, all ok. My apps all installed themselves once i had signed into my google account. Only 1 had to be done manually, but its a work related app and not a Google/Android one. I was very surprised that all my calender stuff came back too. My contacts were backed up on the Micro SD card so they were imported. Plus i was amazed when my texts also came back, but i had them backed up anyway.

Only issue, how do you set Chrome as the default browser? I've been runnung round in circles, checking in the default applications, trying to clear defaults in the App manager for the stock internet browser but its greyed out.

Tizzletom
Just done a factory reset and its now worse so im not sure what is happening. The phone has already been in for repair twice and its now becoming annoying. Samsung or Android either one they need to fix something as there has always been an issue with this phone
If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated

Brian2412
Downloaded the update. .. Anyone explain what's new? ...I haven't noticed anything!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

@Brian2412 – We don’t have access the release notes for the software to see what's new.

@gt37 - To set Google Chrome as a default browser, if you go into applications and click the link, it will ask you which browser you want to use.

Highlight chrome and select always to default.

If you only want to use Chrome for web browsing, please select the Chrome icon each time.

@Tizzletom – If this hasn't fixed the issues you were having with your phone, we’d need to get this sent back to the repair centre.

Please see the repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

@Brian2412 wrote:
Downloaded the update. .. Anyone explain what's new? ...I haven't noticed anything!

See http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

Now this is the stock Android update 

But for a Full list see http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127845-what-s-new-in-the-samsung-galaxy-note-3-and-galaxy-s4-android...

Vodafone does no whats in there as samsung sends them a list of changes so Vodafone can test them 

But sadley the powers that be don't want to pass that on 

which is a shame as some may want to choose not to update 

Tizzletom
Thanks for the reply Gemma. I have used the repair team twice and my problem still exists so i think i may have to tey to sort this myself

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tizzletom

You can contact the manufacturer if you'd like someone else to take a look, although, as stated we'd be happy to check it ourselves.

If you can let us know how you get on, that may help others.

DaveCD

@Tizzletom wrote:
Thanks for the reply Gemma. I have used the repair team twice and my problem still exists so i think i may have to tey to sort this myself

OO what a mess ok her goes 

1. the phone has been in for repair and the problem is still there so 

This looks like a App is draining the phone, so go through your apps and disable the following apps

All Vodafone apps eg My Vodafone and updates and 24 7 security 

Basicly all the vodafone stuff

Then disable both Yahoo apps 

Now when that is done turn off active sync 

Now before every one come saying there is nothing in the Battery section 

The running apps are shown in the system section so go through all your running apps in app manager and any third party ones dissable or uninstall them 

Now this is on a reseted device so hopfull there should not be anythird party junk affecting this 

I had all my VF apps disabled and the Tahoo ones and i got 25% extra battery life 

Now samsung can look into this if its Hardware eg the Battery 

Or the Firmware but it is a Fact that after a update it takes two to three days to settle back down 

But that is if Apps let it 

Now if and when things settle if you want to use the VF apps then try turning them on one at a time 

Yes the S4 has had issues with the Battery but that would of been sorted or should of been sorted when the phone went back in

i have trouled the intter webb and found no major issues with non branded phones so this does point to a App issue 

perhaps post what apps are running in app manager may help 

Well i thought the update was going too well, i did the factory restore straight after the update, took battery out for 5 mins. Everything was fine until today. Battery was 100% this morning, all phone has been used for is texting, around 15 texts, and checking twice my bus times. Its down to 16% and phone wasn't switched on until 0845.  GPS is off as that freezes the screen when on. I wish i coukd go back to 4.3. I could go over a day with the battery on 4.3 and there is no difference in my apps.