Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kit Kat is here on the GS4

Tizzletom
4: Newbie

Kit Kat update is now available via OTA and Kies. Go and check it out :Smiling:

If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated
45 REPLIES 45

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gt37,

Have you tried the steps that Northern-dj has suggested?

Also, what's the signal like where you are right now? If you've had poor 3G signal, the phone may be draining its battery searching for a connection.

Dave

I disabled Vodafone stuff, uninstalled what i don't use, i kep the my vodafone as i keep tracks on mydata levels. Facebook was set to check every hour, now thats a big drain on battery, now set at 4 hourly. Will see what happens. Fingers x'd. But, why do we have to do this? Even when my old Sony Experia Neo was upgraded to ICS a couple of yesrs bsck i had to do the same, is this a Vodafone issue, or Android as there seems to be a pattern to me.

It seems like this is a dead topic. I'm still trying to find a way to resolve these issues. I no longer have any Vodafone apps installed but still no difference, Android System still using all the battery

If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
It sounds like you need to go down the repair route. Go to a Samsung repair centre not Vodafone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sorry about my terrible reply, I went to Westfield shopping centre where there is a Samsung store. I waited for an hour and they reflashed the phone but that didnt help

jeffkinn
I know the shop well having bought my last two phones there. That's actually a Phones 4 U store. You need a Geek Squad outlet in a Carphone Warehouse.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

No sorry its a Official Samsung Electronics Shop with Samsung Tv's, Camera's, Laptops. They have a repair team upstairs 

jeffkinn
As I said I've been in the shop many times . I've never been upstairs but the phone element is a Phones 4 U store and not a direct Samsung outlet. If they have a repair centre than that's a good thing but make sure it's an official repair centre.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Upstairs is definately a Samsung repair centre. Anyways, what can I do about my phone as I cannot keep going into the store?

jeffkinn
I'd perform a factory reset but not download any 3rd party apps. Check the battery with just Android and Samsung loaded and see if you have the same issue. If you do a repair process is the only option. If not load the apps one by one until you find the culprit.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png