Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G4 Radio

gt37
6: Helper

Does the LG G4 have a pre installled radio? I am 99% sure when i received my G4 yesterday it had one, then when i put my Sim card in it vanished. Does the radio not work with Vodafone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gt37
Found it, was in idle apps, so had to download again, if anybody else has the same, look in about phone, apps update, any missing apps are there

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

According to the user manual LG_G4_User_Manual it should have. 

"FM radio Your phone has a built-in FM radio so you can tune in to your favourite stations and listen on the go."

Also Gsmarena shows it as a spec in here

I would try removing your SIM card to check as you say it disappeared after inserting it. 

I would be surprised Vodafone having anything to do with this. Is the phone unbranded or branded ? 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

gt37
It's a branded version. Vodafone screen appears on start up.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

The reason I asked is that Vodafone do hold back a firmware released by the manufacturer to ensure nothing within it clashes with their Network or Branded Handsets. 

Firmware Statement

I'm not suggesting Vodafone would have the radio part removed as I cannot see how that would clash. 

Have you double checked and removed the sim ?

You could speak to LG UK Support here just for official clarification that the phone should have the radio and firmware version has no bearing. 

If you have a local Vodafone HighStreet Store with a working demo model on display you could check if that has a radio. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

At the risk of asking a really obvious question: have you looked in the app drawer?   I've noticed that putting a SIM into a new phone sometimes resets the homescreens, so what you may have seen is the icon disappearing from there - at least, I hope that's all it is.

If you still can't find it, go into Settings|Apps and the All tab and make sure the radio one hasn't been disabled for some reason.  If it is, re-enable it and it should appear in the app drawer so that you can put it on a homescreen.

gt37
Checked all that and it has disappeared from my apps altogether. When I put the sim card in it did reset the home screen.

gt37
Found it, was in idle apps, so had to download again, if anybody else has the same, look in about phone, apps update, any missing apps are there

hrym

Idle apps?   That's a new one on me!   Is it an LG thing?  I'm amazed it would uninstall, though - I'd assume just park.

BandOfBrothers
That's awesome this is resolved and thank you for updating your thread so the solution can be found by other parties seeking help.

Current Phone  >

gt37
It's something to do with Smart clean. It cleans any unused idle apps. I might turn that off.