cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis sold home broadband ?? Static ip ...

Am0161
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I joined Vodafone broadband my needs were static ip I was told by sales yes it is avaialbe and will be active, once in contract I contact Vodafone for signal strength and for my static ip. .. I get told it has stopped now I asked if I terminate the contract as Vodafone does not meet my needs I get told I would be liable and pay for termination, is that fair??  Ask to speak to senior .. Fobbed off with call back never happend.

Now my contract has ended retentions confirm static ip wasn't even avaialbe before i joined so was I MI's sold?  And why can't you start a complaint with Vodafone I got told by a broadband complaint handler nothing can be done as contract has ended.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Am0161

If Vodafone uphold that a service was sold but wrong info was given then they would / should end the contract without penalty or offer a further resolution. 

A person has a 30 Day cooling off period with Vodafone to stay with them or cancel penalty free within those initial 30 days. 

After the 30 days then a person is locked in for the duration of the contract and can only leave by paying an early termination fee. 

Are you able to clarify wether you've cancelled your Broadband successfully with or without an early termination fee ?

You can raise a complaint either with customer services or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team here can pass on your info or use Vodafone complaints.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was after 30 days I enquired for my static ip details then i was told I would have to fork out charges to cancel.

I requested to speak to a manager one was not avaialable and was told a call back will be done never happened called few days to speak to manager was told call back nothing again. Have come to end of contract and got told when I joined the static ip was already discontinued even tho sales advisor said I would have a static ip 

Complained on phone and got told nothing can be done as contract if ended and sales person has probably been fired so what do you want us to do that was his actually words 

He said he would raise it to a higher complaints dept call back within 3 hours suprise surprise never happened either 

Complained online no acknowledment as of yet it's been 3 days 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear you've had this kind of experience @Am0161. As we'll need access to your account to investigate this for you, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message