Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Phone Mast Planning Applications

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

We see a lot of posts on here from customers moaning about the coverage in their area - usually with good reason.

However, what people all too often forget about is that the networks always have an uphill battle with local authorities and resident during the planning process. We all want a good mobile signal but we don't want a mast anywhere near us. This story is typical

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/ashford-residents-never-right-object-9902290

As customers we need to get real - if we want to use phones we need to have masts in as many places as possible.

Or do we?  Thoughts?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

59 REPLIES 59

jeffkinn
No – not good enough. You have referred to growing evidence. Please state the sources of your information. That would be scientific studies not EU legislation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Growing evidence

Let’s reverse this issue  - prove to me the technology is absolutely safe.. 

jeffkinn

No I'm afraid that doesn't work either. That's a 'prove you've stopped hurting your wife' question.

You have repeatedly claimed that there is growing evidence that mobile phones are harmful to human health. If you are unable to back up your claims, which I believe is the case, then we have no alternative but to discount your theories.

There are other factors to be considered. You talk about public opinion hurting companies. The truth is that people want more mobile technology not less. They want more and faster data services, 4G VoLTE and Wi Fi calling, better signals and coverage and far few not spots. This insatiable demand means inevitability that more badgers will be affected and more mobile phone masts will be erected.

On that note this conversation is now ended. Thanks for the dialogue.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

So, you are unable to prove beyond doubt the safety of mobile phones and their ancillary equipment - as you state the discussion is now ended.

jeffkinn
I can’t prove beyond doubt the theory of evolution or relativity and lots of other things that we all know to be true. It doesn’t make them any less true.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@Jeffkin.

put simply neither you, Vodafone or Lloyd’s of London can offer any guarantees that mobile phones and ancillary equipment will not cause me or indeed you or anybody else harm in the long term. Frankly without any such guarantees the product should not be deemed safe for public use.

i will now remove myself from what I see to be a biased propaganda mouth peace for Vodafone and the wider telecommunication industry as a whole.

I wish you all well but do ask that you question the issues of health harm caused by mobile phones. WiFi, and EMF.

jeffkinn
Is it too much to ask that you get my name right? You seem to be suffering from TELEPHONOPHOBIA. Good luck finding a cure.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

An interesting article here for those who live in rural areas and are desparate for a better mobile phone signal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43071975

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

EU legislation, read the details of the two pieces of legislation, you will see that all is scientifically led and hence the assumption. Look online and you will find a wealth of date to show that caution should be applied to pulsed microwave technology. Put simply mobile phones were brought to the market on the back of WW2 technological advances, in times of war there was little concern regarding the health dangers of such technology.  Why is there now such heated debate over cause and effects from technology that as far back as 1960 was known to cause harm.

i defy you to prove beyond doubt that there will be no health risks from mobile phone technology and, if you are able to do so I would suggest you contact Lloyd’s of London and detail your findings to them....

Sorry but contrary to your view, a mobile phone signal is not essential, a land line phone line is for both home and business use... do not be led down a one way street - the world can manage without mobile phones.