Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone

widgetwilk39
10: Established
10: Established

When I click on the icon My Vodafone on my Smart Phone6, I get 'Please disconnect your Wi-Fi, and telling me to log to My Vodafone using mobile network,  how can you do this???

this problem started when I had a 'up-date' of apps and things,

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @widgetwilk39

You will receive this message each and every time only when the application has been updated.  You probably had notification on your phone that the application had been updated.

Unless you turn off your WiFi for the first time after updating and use the network to make a connection to the Application, Vodafone won't be able to identify you.  The following time you will be able to use Wifi.

There is no charge for accessing the application using the network and access will not come out of your data allowance.

I'm not normally so thick, but when it comes to phones I am,

don't know what to do or how to do,

Unless you turn off your WiFi for the first time after updating and use the network to make a connection to the Application, Vodafone won't be able to identify you.  The following time you will be able to use Wifi.

Do you mean turn my router off?? and how do you use the 'network to make a connection'

AnnS

Hi @widgetwilk39

The WiFi on your phone.

Depending on the type of phone you have, you should have a pull down from the top of the phone to see the WiFi and other notifications.  Otherwise, go to your network settings and turn off WiFi from there.

You will need to make sure you have mobile data connection  allowed but remember to turn it off afterwards and turn back on your Wifi if you don't want to use mobile data.

Any problems, a Vodafone Store will be able to help.

Once again, what would I do without you,  thank you so much, have done it as you said and it now works OK,

sorry if I appear a bit thick, but I am slowley beginning to love 'my phone'

thanks again XXXX

on the samsung i have you can just drag down the status bar from the top of the screen and tap the wifi icon to turn it off / on however if that don't work you could try the below 

1. Touch the Home key > > Settings > Wi-Fi.

2. Touch the Wi-Fi switch to turn off Wi-Fi.

then once vodafone app has done what it needs to do just go back as above but turn it back on