Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code request 05.11.14

Moss1967
1: Seeker

I requested a NUC code on the 05.11.14 for my old iPhone 4s and you state on your web site 10 days and its has now been 14 days?

I have given this phone to my sister who would like to use it but dhe is on 02 network.  Can you please update me on what is going on with my request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Unfortunately it does sometimes take Apple in the region of 3 weeks to complete the unlocking. Have you checked to see if the phone is unlocked yet?  If not, you can do so by connecting the handset to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it.  If it has been unlocked, you will get a message in iTunes telling you so once you connect it. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p

Hi there

Unfortunately it does sometimes take Apple in the region of 3 weeks to complete the unlocking. Have you checked to see if the phone is unlocked yet?  If not, you can do so by connecting the handset to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it.  If it has been unlocked, you will get a message in iTunes telling you so once you connect it. 

PWIAC

WHY does it take so long for this NUC??  why? 4 days later ive been told 24hrs?? all getting a tad annoying.

@SharonMcmillan wrote:

WHY does it take so long for this NUC??  why? 4 days later ive been told 24hrs?? all getting a tad annoying.

Because Apple are noted for dragging their feet on this issue.  It normally takes 7 - 10 working days but 3 weeks seems to be becoming the new norm with them.

PWIAC

please??? please???  I first requested the NUC for my iphone 5s on 18th Nov.... on 20th i asked again and was told id have the code in 24hrs... its now 22nd nov... and nothing?? come on ? why does this take so long?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
Don't hold your breath waiting for a code. There is no code for an iPhone.

The unlock is completed by connecting the phone to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it, if Apple have processed the unlock you will see a message in ITunes telling you it is unlocked.

Have you tried that?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi, because its up to apple and they take up to 3 weeks, so you will be in for a wait yet. Its not up to Vodafone, its apple you need to get annoyed with.