Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nano sim

mccormick69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought my brother an I Phone 5 as a xmas gift but it needs a nano sim. He is a Vodafone customer but i am not. I went into a Vodafone shop and explained the phone was a gift and i did not want to give it without a sim card as he would not be able to use it. I was told my brother would need to contact Vodafone himself to get the sim if he wanted to keep his number. Is there any way i can get a sim card without having to tell my brother about the phone?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You could go in and ask for an account specific blank nano SIM card. Ie Payg or Pay Monthly. 

He as the account holder then would have to arrange for a sim swap which moves his number and tariff from his current sim to the nano one. Customer services via 191 or Live Chat can do this or a Vodafone Store but he'd need to be there.

Takes from a few minutes but occasionally up to 24 hours. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@mccormick69 wrote:

I bought my brother an I Phone 5 as a xmas gift but it needs a nano sim. He is a Vodafone customer but i am not. I went into a Vodafone shop and explained the phone was a gift and i did not want to give it without a sim card as he would not be able to use it. I was told my brother would need to contact Vodafone himself to get the sim if he wanted to keep his number. Is there any way i can get a sim card without having to tell my brother about the phone?

So that your brother can activate and play with the phone over Christmas until he can get to a Vodafone shop just buy a non-specific PAYG sim and stick a few pounds on it.

When he can get into a Vodafone store he can then get his account swapped from his current sim to a nano sim in store. He can then dispose of the sim you purchased and continue with his current number