Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need to text without sim

kaeczar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got a new phone and found that it requires a nano sim. My current phone needed a mirco sim, and one of friends said he could cut down the card really easily to save me some hassle. 

As of right now the card isn't fitting in the sim card tray and he is having difficulty. I have decided the easiest course of action would simply be to order a new sim from the website, but to do so I need to recieve a text on my number, which I cannot do because the sim card no longer fits in my old phone.

Is there any way I can recieve the code required to get my new sim without having a working sim card?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

A sim ordered from the website already had a number attached so it's of No use I'm afraid. 

You need a blank sim card. 

Any Vodafone store can sim swap for you in house. 

There is a sim swap procedure if your sim is not accepting texts if your on Pay monthly  but again you need a blank sim card. 

Sim card swap faqs https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/My-SIM/Help-with-my-SIM/38915574/How-do-I-tra...

Customer service via 191 or Live Chat can send one out to you although some have had issues getting them to do this as they cite fraudulent activity stops them sending them out !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @kaeczar

You are going to need a SIM to connect to the network for sending an SMS.

Your best bet here would be to call into a Vodafone Store and get a new SIM.  The reason for this is the number has to be put onto a new blank SIM which stores have in stock.  The SIM sent to your by Vodafone will probably already have a number attached and won't work.

At least by going to the store, you know the new SIM will be active and working within the hour.  Usually a quick turn off and back on does the trick but sometimes you need to do a network search on your phone settings.

Any problems, live chat are there to answer questions and help.

In the meantime, if you have a WiFi connection, you can always use WhatsApp or send a email message.