Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Newbie unable to open new phone ....?

arcadian
4: Newbie

Hi first time I've ever used a mobile phone and just bought a Vodaphone Smart 6, but having big problems trying to even enter to add top up pay as you go voucher as it's saying "No Service ?" and it's still locked. New Sim card installed ok.

Much appreciate what to do next thanks....

17 REPLIES 17

Glad to hear you're still in one piece then....!

Not the slightest idea what I'm doing or have done but for some reason it's unlocked. All well and good but how on earth do you find your way round as it's like standing in Yellow Pages.

Is there a map or something anywhere ?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

It can be a bit like driving around the M 25 in the wrong direction.

What make and model phone do you have?

kids

Sorry I see you told us that in the first post.

Thanks it's all a bit confusing at the moment. Originally I bought a Nokia small phone about 7 or 8 years ago just for use in the car and the RAC etc. but used it perhaps twice in all before it finally packed up a couple of weeks ago .

And it's still the same situation today as I've worked from home for years taking the laptop with me whenever necessary. This is why the guy in Argos suggested the one I've just bought but which is beginning to start feeling a bit like overkill ? What do you use yours for ?

Anyway thanks again for getting me off the ground ! :Smiling:

Having problems with £5 top up voucher being accepted on-line about half an hour ago but still "no service" showing at the bottom....?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

All eventually solved via Customer Care - thank goodness !!

Annie_N

Hi @arcadian

I hope you're finding things are falling into place a bit by now! @kids has already given you a lot of very helpful info, and I knew that there was a "Getting Started" section somewhere on the Vodafone website, which is intended to help newbies.

It's remarkably well hidden, but I eventually tracked it down here - some of the information may come in useful, but just disregard anything you aren't ready for yet.

Annie.