Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 - Class Action Suit

Iamaza
4: Newbie

Given the bad treatment we are getting from Vodafone on this, would people be willing to seek compensation collectively on this issue? I feel like we are drawing the short stick in the way this is being handled. Even if vodafone provides in it's agreements a waiver for class actions, they are not being true to their end of the contract anyway... 

I have exhausted possibilities, being told there is no stock is a lie, as people are getting phones exchanged as we speak. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Iamaza wrote:

That's subjective. As I use my phone for work, being limited to 60% battery limits a lot of my productivity. There is also the risk of keeping an electronic device that can combust. 

The phone will ony combust if it is being charged and it that case your action would be again the manufacturer who have advised that the phone should not be used at all.

As for loss of productivity I think you will find that hard to show.

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Danni
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi  @honvik @laskapr @GrumGrum

Can you please Private Message me with your full name and number so we can look into this and contact you to resolve.

@danni Hi Danni I sent you a message yesterday, with my contact details, would be good to hear from you next week

Hello @gpd1965@GrumGrum@jaygrim and @Iamaza

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Danni has received your messages and will be in touch as quickly as possible. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Phil

Hi everyone, 

I've passed on the contact numbers for everyone that's sent it over to Danni. A member of the relevant department will be in touch as soon as they can.  

@Iamaza - You didn't include your contact number in the message you sent, so please send this over to me via PM if you still require our help.

Thanks, 

Phil

@

I have PMed Danni. 

Last week spoke to vodafone again, been told there is no stock but that the order was punched in. 

Called 3 times today and got 3 different informations... FIrst that I would get my phone Friday, but then the call got dropped. Called again, was told I was going to pay a cancelation fee for exchanging my phone... To no help, after I said I would not pay for something that should be done for free and with haste the call needed to finished because the person said there was nothing to be done and refused to transfer me to returns... 3rd call of the day and I was told she would add a note to my account and that she had filled a form and that the person who told me I was getting my phone by friday had no business giving that information, as nobody can know at this point. 

I keep getting pings from samsung prompting me to get my phone exchanged and that I am one of the last customers still with the possibly dangerous phone. Vodafone is making me feel like the butthole of the world with this. 

I am gathering necessary info to see if it's really doable to take vodafone to small claims. I really don't mind if I don't win, I just want to bother vodafone at the moment, as this is completely ridiculous. 

After countless calls, online chats and messages i managed to get my Note collected and was told by someone in sales that they would cancel my direct debit as Vodafone would try to take over £400 from my bank.  I'm now being bombarded with automated calls from Vodafone every single day telling me that i owe them money! I wish they were so effecient at resolving their screw ups.

I've also been told that the refund will show up on my next bill (13th Oct) so for the time being i've had to block vodafones nusicance calls on my device untill i pay the proper adjusted bill.  I was also told i'd be compensated (i'm not holding my breath).  I also notice they are only refunding the cost of the handset, not the inflated calls package that came with it, which can't be right as i never actually used the device.

Vodafone truly have the worst customer service of any company i've ever dealt with and no two employees seem to have the same information.

Andy4k6

I would be interested in this also, 

Please keep the thread updated on how you get on. If it is a county court job it's a fairly easy and cheap process and could well be worthwhile. 

Many thanks

Andy

jaygrim
Did Danni actually reply to you guys? He didn't to me. Some community manager.

gpd1965
6: Helper
6: Helper
No response to me,