Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One M9 Cases

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hey all!

Was wondering if anyone around here who has their hands on a shiney new M9 and is up to speed on the best way to protect it.

The official dotview case is £35, a bit too steep for me.

I like the look of the Spigen cases for the M9 and having used them with my old M8 I know the quality is pretty good. anyone got any thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12

hrym

Ebay is normally a good source of inexpensive cases.   At the moment, the only leather-look flip ones seem to be sideways opening rather than flip-down and the price has halved in the last week.  If you're upgrading from an M8, the old case won't fit as HTC have moved the power key from the top to the side, so the cradle requires a different cut-out.

Nabs

I chanced my luck with the M8 case but you're right the power button change makes them useless.

Do you prefer flip cases @hrym 

hrym

@Nabs wrote:
Do you prefer flip cases @hrym 

My hands don't grip too well, so I need something to get a firm hold off and the thin edges of a flip case do that perfectly.  The sideways flip sits in the hand nicely, but I haven't tried it on a call yet, so I'm reserving judgement on that aspect.   I think it'll be OK, though.   I don't feel the need for anything fancier or more expensive (and, yes, I can't quite believe I'm advocating three quid cases on a six hunderd quid device, but there you go :smileysurprised:)

thesoupdragon

I've been really lucky and managed to grab an M9.

I have been searching high and low for a case, not really sure what to go for?

I loved the Dot View on my M8 (it wasn't genuine) but the price for the M9 is too steep for me also.

I followed your Link Nabs, the cases look really nice. That company seem to get good reviews everywhere!

I went for this case:

M9Case.png

It has a Clear hard shell and "Champaign" gold Gel cushioned edge.

I bought mine for £4.99 from a well known online retailer, better known for selling books... :smileywink:

Thanks for the recommendation, it really helped me choose the right case for me! 

Thumbs up smiley.gif

hrym

The M8 wasn't brand new when I got a case for it and there was a wide choice.   As the M9 is barely out, it's hardly surprising the aftermarket hasn't fully caught up yet, but the fact that the price for the one I have has halved in a week suggests that competition is hotting up.  I'd guess that things like unofficial DotView jobs will come along quite soon.

thesoupdragon

As soon as a 3rd party dot view becomes available for approx £5 I'll get one.

I do like the gimmick features of Dot View.

hrym

You old spendthrift, you :smileyvery-happy:

Nabs

@thesoupdragon wrote:

I bought mine for £4.99 from a well known online retailer, better known for selling books... :smileywink:

That's not the one named after a rainforest is it @thesoupdragon ? haha

m9_0010_group_5_merged_.jpg

I've acquired a Spigen Thin Fit, don't want to add too much bulk to the device. So far so good, it just clips on the back, top and bottom are left open for charing and IR access, build quality seems good for the £5 I paid.
I don't grudge spending that to protect a £500+ device

thesoupdragon
I know... It irks me to spend more! Lol 😄