Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Openreach have apparently given up

DerKaiser
1: Seeker

Hi, had a bunch of issues with poor connection on FTTC. Lots of upstream FEC errors, downstream CRC errors and dropouts maybe once a day. Top speed of 20Mbit when it should be at least 29. The line should be 550m from the cabinet but Vodafone were saying it was coming back as nearly 900m.

Had 3 normal engineers out and apparently one SFI though they didn't come to the house. Everything from the pole is brand new but still same problems. The last I heard they thought it was intermittent cross talk on the line.

Anyway apparently openreach have just given up. Vodafone have said I should try virgin media, or if not I can have a month free if I agree I still have to pay early repayment charges if I want to leave before the end of my contract.

I guess I am wondering if there's a third option as we don't currently have a vm line to the house. Shouldn't BT getting money from my taxes to build the network give them some sort of obligation to provide a decent service?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @DerKaiser

I can understand why you would be unimpressed with that situation. 

However your in the right place for support as we have a Vodafone Social Media Team who can and will help where they can. 

Also this link maybe if some further use > Ofcom - Phones-telecoms-and-internet support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@DerKaiser I apologise that it seems like we've come to a bit of a dead end and I completely understand your frustration; it sounds like you're not having a great customer experience with your broadband service so far. 

We'll be more than happy to investigate further and see if there's anything else we can advise. So we can do this, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.