Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paid for 6GB data, getting 1GB

Pilswort
4: Newbie
I am a new Vodafone customer having taken out a new contract on back friday. The package I bought was supposed to have 6GB data but instead my account shows 1GB. I have tried to solive this on online chat and by ringing 191. Online chat was useless and could not help. On ringing 191 they said it was "a known problem" and it would be fixed. This was days ago now and I've still only got 1GB and am about to approach my 1GB limit. Is anyone else having this issue and pulling their hair out with Vodafone customer services. Not a great start to my 2 year contract....
73 REPLIES 73

Leye
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi @nednoodle, I recently had this issue resolved and honestly it is hit and miss with who you speak to at customer services.
The tech team can't do anything for you other than send you a useless form that leads to nowhere. I think you are right not taking that SIM swap suggestion, sounds more like they didn't want to deal with the issue, what has your SIM got to do with your tariff being incorrect?

Anyway, when I called for the final time I was actually calling to make an official complaint (following the steps on the link provided below). As helpful as the chap was in the end, his first response was "Vodafone are aware of the issue and it will be resolved in the near future". How incredibly vague...

To cut a long story short I mentioned this forum and the method used to resolve @Pilswort case and asked for themy to do the same for me, which was to put me on the tariff with 6GB of data and discount it down to the agreed price for the life of my contract. The guy I spoke to in the end was very helpful in doing this and also credited my bill for the two months I had the issue for.

You shouldn't have to go down this road, but in case you do here is the link for the process I was going to follow:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-to-the-ombudsman-about-a-mobile-phone-...

All the best

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nednoodle I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contacted our team directly. 

@Leye Thank you for letting us know you're issue has been resolved. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused along the way. 

One year on and now i have the same problem from this years Black Friday Offer. I upgraded at the end of November and received a text message confirming that my new plan includes an extra 5GB of data giving me a total of 6GB. Yesterday i received a text saying i had used my 1GB of data and my bill shows a charge of £6.50.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KT115 I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your data. 

Our Black Friday deals were great and we certainly want you to be making the most of them 😊

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

We'll make sure this gets resolved, so you can get back to enjoying your phone.