Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possible IP Address Block

RSCC_LTD
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Having had a similar issue with another customer a few years back, can I ask that someone please check the following details to see it this IP address is being blocked as they are currently seeing the following on thier newly registered Sure Signal: Power - flashing, Internet - off, In Service - orange, In Use - orange

Sure Signal serial number: 42151157973

Public IP Address: 37.252.31.45

In the last instance it was Vodafones Geolocation service placing the customers London based IP to somwhere in Germany & therefore blocking it for use by a Sure Signal.

The customer this time is based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.

Thanks.

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RSCC_LTD - That IP address isn’t showing on the whitelist.

I’ve requested it to be added for you. It can take around 48 hours.

After this time, please perform a factory reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in

It can take around 1 hour for the Sure Signal to come back on.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi Dan and welcome to the forum

This Vodaphone eForum is predominantly a Customer to Customer help forum ,and is for community support and varied discussion on a variety of topics such as Tech questions, various device's help and industry news.
Their is no account access / assistance Ref https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Forum-Update-Announcement/Forum-update-announcement/m-p/2403310

Vodaphone will not answer account specific questions as they are unable to help via the eForum.

For Account Access and Account Enquiries please speak to Vodaphone Customer Service on 191. Or use a Landline to ring them. Contract Customers : tel:03333040191 and Pay As You Go Customers : tel:03333048069

Or use Live Chat which is found in the 'Contact Us' Link at the foot of the forum page. Please use a Pc or Mac. You may need to leave the Live Chat page open a short time for Live Chat to initialise.

I hope this can be resolved swiftly for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@RSCC_LTD - the eForum Team will still be able to look into your SureSignal issues.  They will be in touch shortly.

PWIAC

@drey_p - Thanks, I hoped that would be the case as other specific Sure Signal issues (including IP blocking) seem to be looked at fine here & Public IP address information appears to be requested by the eForum team as part of the trouble shooting process. I really just need someone to check my customers IP against the Vodafone block list so hopefully that will be possible.

I'll await thier response.

Cheers.

Dan

Hi Dan

I dont think it would be an IP location block as all the sites i have checked show this as a UK IP from Fusion Media but one of the forum team should be able to check for you.

It may be worth running though the standard checks here and checking the router ports are open.

Thanks

John

Cheers John,

It is behind a firewall (Cisco ASA 5505) but the ports required to be forwarded are in use by an IPSec VPN so I can't do anything with those.

I tend to agree on the IP, I have also checked it with some public Geolocation checkers & none of those are indicating that it's showing outside of the UK but I guess it's worth me getting it confirmed by Vodafone before I have to go out with cables, a switch & route the Sure Signal straight out to a public IP & take the ASA out of the loop.

Thanks.

Dan

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RSCC_LTD - That IP address isn’t showing on the whitelist.

I’ve requested it to be added for you. It can take around 48 hours.

After this time, please perform a factory reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in

It can take around 1 hour for the Sure Signal to come back on.

Thanks Gemma,

I'll give it until Monday now & ask my customer to perform a factory reset. If it's still not working after that I'll go with my plan to route the Sure Signal straight out to the Public IP & not via the Firewall.

Thanks.

Dan

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RSCC_LTD Thanks for the update. :Smiling:

It’s not on our whitelist yet. We’ll post back if there are any issues adding it.

Just to update, my customer reset the Sure Signal yesterday & today we now have a solid power light & the other lights are now in white so looks like all is now working as it should.

I guess it must have been an IP address issue in the end & nothing to do with the Firewall or ports, works fine with me as that I means I don't have to visit site now & mess around with cables & switches to re-route the thing! :smileyhappy:

Cheers.

Dan