Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pump Express Plus technology

ResCok3
4: Newbie

Pump Express Plus technology is by mediatek promising to charge 75% in 30 mins..

I have the smart ultra 7 with this technology but it takes like 5 hours to get to 100%...

I dont believe it should take this long with this technology...

please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Think I found the culprit:

The phone also supports MediaTek’s Pump Express Plus charging technology, for 0-75% charging in as little as 30 minutes – although it does require a suitably compatible charger (9V/2A) that is not supplied with the phone.

https://jmcomms.com/2016/06/27/review-vodafone-smart-ultra-7-can-it-take-the-crown-from-the-2015-sma...

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

Lol, thanks. Would you know where I could find a 9V/2A charger? 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Perhaps look on Vodafone online shop or in a Vodafone store. 

Possibly Carfone Warehouse. 

Personally I wouldn't recommend eBay & Amazon due to the amount of copies / fakes available. 

That said I'm not sure using another charger will help as your phone on the face of it does not have a required chipset. 

Edit : I see you've marked your own post as the solution. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your help.

I know you are saying it is not supported by chipset and that is fine, but it is not my fault but vodafone's for false advertising.

BandOfBrothers

@ResCok3 wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I know you are saying it is not supported by chipset and that is fine, but it is not my fault but vodafone's for false advertising.

You're welcome. 

Where within the Vodafone link you've pasted in does it show "false advertising" ?

Current Phone  >

The Smart ultra 7 combines a powerful octa-core processor with the latest, most secure Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It also boasts a longer-lasting battery that charges in half the time thanks to Pump Express Plus technology. The result is a high-performance phone that just keeps going.

About returning, could you tell me if I need all the packaging? I mean I lost the earphones packaging, the rest is fine. And can I return it to any vodafone store (I paid cash)?

That would be the last of my questions hopefully.

Thanks BoB

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You'll need to take the contents of the box back which includes the phone , charger and earphones along with your paperwork. Not having any Plastic wrapping shouldn't be an issue. 

Yes you you should be able to go to any Vodafone store however it might be a smoother process if you go back to your original one. 

Current Phone  >

Yeah I took it to a different store they say I have to return to the store I bought it from.. Went to store I bought it from, they didn't have the cash. So now I am told to come Sunday, we'll see.

Website says return to any store but I'm not surprised...

BandOfBrothers

Hi @ResCok3

I concur Vodafone help and support pages do say any Vodafone store if originally purchased from a store. 

Couldn't they process the refund to a Debit Card (if you have one)

Current Phone  >

Ok follow up.

Came sunday, waited 1.5 hours before they attended me. Said no cash again, please use debit card, went home to get debit card (interesting how the woman at vodafone told me to wait 6 days instead of offering refund through cheque/debit), came back waited another 35 minutes before they gave me £125 out of £135 back (£10 was top-up, was manditory but fair enough).

I am currently expecting the refund soon on my bank statement.

Never have I had so much problem with a company the size of vodafone, customer service is rubbish which can also be seen by their incredibly low ratings on trustpilot which I just checked.

No more dealing with vodafone IA and I would advise all reading this to stay away from them or only buy on PAYG as I read numearous stories about overcharging on contracts and the like

-ResCok3