Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

dalison
4: Newbie
Amazing!! You have been without a service for months and the Vodafone techie sends you a smiley face!!! Don't they train these clowns before they let them loose on the public!!!

I've given up trying to get my Sure Signal to work as I've disovered my phone is WiFi calling enabled, https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

If anyone is fortunate to have the same feature, you don't need a Sure Signal at all.

@supertension yes, my phone does that too.

Unfortunately WiFi calling is just that, so no wi-fi texting! Also in marginal cell signal the WiFi calling drops out and the call is dropped, and vice versa. There's no handover.

So a bit like sure signal, if it had been implemented properly everyone (with money) would be content. Sadly not.