Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Registration denied error. Check SIM status

stathisv
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have a Vodafone SIM [Removed] and I wanted to find out the status of it. That is, whether it is active and what package. Is that possible?

I try to use it with a GSM/GPRS electronics module and get a 'Registration denied' message when trying to register with the Vodafone network.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal informationplease see Community Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

In the case of Payg SIM cards if they haven't had any activity such as a top up , calls made , text sent it data used within 180 days + 90 extra days then they are terminated, number quarantined and any topped up credit lost. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @stathisv

The easiest way to find this out is to put the SIM in a mobile phone, appreciate with the phone maybe using a smaller or different size SIM, this may be difficult.

Depending on when the SIM was last used and if the SIM had been activated, the correct software settings would need to be installed.  You can find the correct settings on the link below.  However, with the device you are planning on using not listed on the devices, not sure how you would instal the software.

http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/what/devices/vmb.html#

You don't mention the reason for using this device, but it may be worth checking the Terms and Conditions.