Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich communication

Mimo2000
12: Established

Hi all my brother got his s8+ and we started to chat all of a sudden it changed to chat rather than sms but the problem he has is when we chat it's from his old number and not his new one. Is there anyway to change it to his new number 

10 REPLIES 10

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

You should be able to do it in message settings and once in there. the might be a button for more settings and could also be in there or by clearing  defaults in the application manager

It sounds like he is using one of the other messenger service's 

WhatsApp messenger Facebook messenger

Although im not familiar with any of them

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Mimo2000

Something in this Official Vodafone link may help. 

Vodafone message plus.

It maybe worth navigating to your Contacts App and look to see if the correct number is showing for him at the Top. If not tap on his profile and a new window will open where you can then then edit it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Mimo2000

You can disable message + by following the link below.  When this has been done, a reboot should solve the problem. 

Support - Message +

If the application request a phone number, just leave it blank or 0.

Mimo2000

Hi all 

First off all Thx for your replys.

I have tried everything that you all have said it's not vodafone message+ as far as I can see because it's a feature that come with s8 it always comes up with his old number when using chat. We can't find any thing to do with rich communications to reset it for him to put in his new number. 

AnnS

Hi @Mimo2000

Try sending a fresh message to the new number, and the rest of the chat should follow.  If you are just replying as part of an ongoing conversation when the old number was used, it will show as the number started at the beginning of the chat.

See if it makes a difference.

Darringo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, did you manage to get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue after porting my number and have tried all settings. Have been on to vodafone chat but they were not able to help. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Darringo So we're able to check on this, please contact us via the information in the private message I've sent. 

Hi @darringo 

Ok we got it working one way and that was for him to download the vodafone message+ from the app store and he choose that as his defult messaging app and it worked that way. Or the other way if you got time is to completely format phone but make sure it's backed up first and then complete fresh install starting it as a new phone then it should give u a message for rich communications and u put in you mobile number. Also 1 other thing is make sure rich communications is on as well.

Hi @mimo2000 thanks for replying. Did you do the fresh install to confirm it worked ok? The phone that has the issue is my wife's phone. She doesn't really care and not sure will want me to do it but it annoys me the messages not being from the correct number. Both our phones were set up exactly the same but there is no issue with mine.