Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone debt

Louise1993
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I have a debt with Vodafone which has appeared on my credit File as a defaulted account. 

I have no clue who the debt has been passed to as have not had anyone trying to contact me regarding the debt.

When I've phoned Vodafone they can't even find my account or tell me who the debt has been passed to 

The debt itself is 8 years old as the last time I had any communication with Vodafone over it was in 2016 which was an outstanding balance of £220 which has now appeared on my credit File as a balance of £773.

I just wanna resolve this matter but I'm just being passed from pillar to post. 

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

As a heads up, in most cases if you have an outstanding debt that has not been chased for more than 6 years, then it has lapsed.  You might want to follow this up with the credit reference agency!

Well I've just checked my credit File again on clearscore and it now appears that the default has been taken off all the sudden 🤷‍♀️ as I queried my score with clearscore.

Also I looked across all of my timeline on clearscore and the Vodafone debt actually dropped off in January 2023 so don't know why it then reappeared as a default after a year later if it dropped off.

I've taken loads of screenshots of my credit File now incase it reappears, it's very odd and I'm very confused 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @Louise1993 the default drops off after 6 years but you still owe the money. The debt has more than likely been sold on to a collection agency and credit reference agencies should have some information.  The last thing you want is for this to come back on you.

CrimsonLiar

It's worth checking:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/help-with-debt/dealing-with-your-debts/check-if-you...
In some cases the money would no longer be owed!