Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S3 constantly on factory mode

neilsjfc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My s3 is stuck on factory mode. Have a message saying "downloading do not turn off target". Replacing battery, holding volume up/down + power + home, both don't seem to work.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If the phone has physical damage, Vodafone won't be able to offer a warranty repair - this is precluded by the manufacturers and applies even if the problem is clearly unrelated.

Your best bet is to go direct to Samsung,  They'll take a pragmatic view and, if the crack is indeed unrelated, may well fix it for you under warranty.   You an find details of their repair service on the website under Support. They have repair centres round the country and also offer a mail-order service.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

when you pull the battery leave it out for 35 secounds

the screen has got a green android or a computer with a ! showing

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi neilsjfc,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

Has Northern-dj's post helped? If not and the phone is stuck in this loop, we may need to look at a repair.

Cheers, Ben

No, unfortunately it hasn't. If anything things are worse. Occasionally the phone same screen comes on when I switch over batteries but otherwise its not coming on at all. May have to look at repair? The phone has an related crack on it, but given this a software error will this affect prices of repair?

(p.s. thanks for the replies)

hrym

If the phone has physical damage, Vodafone won't be able to offer a warranty repair - this is precluded by the manufacturers and applies even if the problem is clearly unrelated.

Your best bet is to go direct to Samsung,  They'll take a pragmatic view and, if the crack is indeed unrelated, may well fix it for you under warranty.   You an find details of their repair service on the website under Support. They have repair centres round the country and also offer a mail-order service.

Northern-dj

I have just got my phone back the s3 from Samsungs postal service

They send a Box just in case u have not got the Original and a PAID special before 12 Postal bag

They give you a tracking number and from your samsung account you can trac the repair

took the five days from them reciving the phone

Very Professional service