Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 connectivity issues

dave3005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Is anyone else having connectivity issues on their galaxy S5, i've been having them since day one and gave up with the constant troubleshooting and repetive sugegstions about 6months ago but am getting annoyed by it again now and determined to finally get my phone functioning as it should!

I already completed the network troubleshooting questions previously before i get asked again. and the issue seems to be with maintaining a stable connection. My signal checker says i should get network at my work and girlfriends but it either never has signal or when it does it seems to keep swapping between network towers and getting H H+ 4G (if i leave enabled) and then loosing connection as it swaps. Wonder if there is anyway to stop it trying to swap network so quickly incase this is problem (forced 2g is too slow to test (0.1Mbps down 0.01 up, and 3G keeps swapping between H and H+ and back again, which is when i usually loose connection for a while), 4G seems good but as i only get 1 bar it looses it quickly and again i loose connections. FYI when i am on H or H+ i usually have 3-4bars so not sure why it swaps so much and connection so patchy. HELP PLEASE!

Any help or new suggestions would be nice, i have even upgraded to latest andorid updates OTA since last troubleshooting problems and issues persist, and also factory reset it as knew i be asked to and same problems. Tried checking APN settings and refreshing these and no luck.

EDIT:

Since starting this thread,

-I have done all the troubleshooting again multiple times,

-Tried a new SIM card

-Sent my phone for repair (no problems found)

-Factory reset phone multiple times and ensured on latest firmware

-Contacted vodafone multiple times who "investigating areas" but never find a problem apparently or claim they recently fixed issues in areas dispite me tellign them there is still a problem.

23 REPLIES 23

Hi,

I notice this thread is a year old.

I live in Bexleyheath (DA7).

My signal at home is almost non existant still despite the age of this post.

When will Vodafone be upgrading the coverage in this area please ?

thanks

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sharkey67 Keep an eye on our Network status checker for any future upgrades to the network in your area. 

Check out our Vodafone Sure Signal, which will help in creating a 3G signal whilst indoors. 

Alternatively, if you'd like us to check your area, please follow step 6 from our Network Troubleshooting thread and then post back with your results. 

sharkey67
4: Newbie
Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping given the adverts for improved network and the fact that this was an issue identified over a year ago would have meant something was already planned.

I had remove the VF NetPeform app from my phone as it kept causing the phone to run slowly and crashed with errors. I was hoping that would alert VF to the issues too.

Sure signals are a very strange concept.
VF offer them to people with poor network coverage.
They use that person''s own broadband to provide back haul to the Vodafone network.
That would be just about acceptable if VF gave them away but they actually charge the consumer to provide a solution to their own poor network coverage.
Crazy ! IMHO

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sharkey67 If you'd like us to check the area for you, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.