Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Only deals & Picture Messages

Dekenba
4: Newbie

I have the £25 a month unlimited text, calls & picture messages with 25GB of data & 4GB of EU data. And Spotify. Really great value deal.

There is also available a £20 a month SIM only deal, with 20GB of data. My question is - does the £20 a month SIM only deal also include picture messaging please?

I was surprised the £25 deal had it, as it was not advertised as such, but was listed on the Vodafone contract email or text. I've even checked with Vodafone, who confirmed the pic messages are in the £25 plan.

Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

63johnw
17: Community Champion
@Dekenba did you end up getting charged for the MMS you sent?

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I don't fully understand the mysteries of billing for pay-monthly contracts, but Dekenba may not know for sure until their next bill is produced?

jeffkinn

@Annie_N wrote:

I don't fully understand the mysteries of billing for pay-monthly contracts, but Dekenba may not know for sure until their next bill is produced?

Given the apparent complexities of PAYG this made me smile @Annie_N

Monthly billing could not be simple - a regular fee for fixed allowances and clear indications as to out of bundle charges, that should appear on My Vodafone within a day or so.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Annie_N

Touche, @jeffkinn!

Yes, I do get the general picture - an agreed amount for the agreed allowances, plus any OOB charges for items not covered by the allowances. What I struggle to understand is the reports of unexpected OOB charges appearing on My Vodafone / the app, and the assurances that they're only for real if they actually get included in the bill at the end of the month. Something along those lines appears to be implied by post #19 above.

But I've not experienced a pay-monthly account for real, and no doubt it's clearer when you have one. Just as Freebies and Big Value Bundles may sound hideously complicated when you try to explain them all in one go, but it's so much clearer when you do it for real for a month or two.

A.

63johnw
They show up on the my Vodafone app as out of bundle charges @Annie_N so should be visible.