Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6 Edge - Crashing

DannyDigital
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I upgraded to a Samsung S6 Edge around December time and I've been having issues with my phone crashing quite often. I'd say it's happening around 30 times per day and nothing in particular seems to cause it.

I first noticed it crash while using the camera the day I received the phone, it happens on average every 30 minutes or so and either restarts or just switches off.

I've read they tend to have RAM issues so I use the Smart Manager to clear my RAM and cache quite often but this doesn't help. 

I also took it to the Samsung store in Newcastle in January, I believe they re-applied the OS but the problem is still happening.

At this point I'm just more curious as to what the problem is. I have cleared the storage, tried clearing the cache partition and even the reboot by the guys at Samsung hasn't helped.

I have kind of learned to live with it but last night it switched itself off with a full battery meaning my alarm didn't go off for work this morning (Good thing I can work from home isn't it?). 

It needs sorted.

Has anybody had a similar problem or know what the actual cause is? I'm happy to take it back to the Samsung and or Vodafone store but at this point I'm more curious as to what the problem actually is.

Android Version: 5.1.1

Let me know if anybody needs any more information.

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I assume a factory reset does not help. 

To be honest if this was happening so early into owning the phone I would have returned it under the 30 day faulty handset clause. 

Hopefully the next firmware update will help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hey there,

I actually haven't tried a factory reset as the guy in the Samsung store said it wouldn't resolve my issue. Maybe it's worth a try anyway?

The impression I got when I looked into the issue during my first 30 days was that it was easily fixed, the problem being plenty of people had posted about the issue online but never actually specified the fix for it.

I'll certainly give the factory rest a try and let you know how it goes, wish me luck :Smiling:

Thanks again.

hrym

A factory reset would be part of any repair process, so you won't have lost anything - but make sure you're fully backed up first.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

It cant harm to try and as mentioned by @hrym please do consider performing a back up first so you do not lose  the data saved in the phones storage

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi guys,

So yesterday I backed up my phone and performed a factory rest over my lunch break. It all looked good and my phone didn't crash for at least a few hours afterwards.

However, it's still happening now and again. In particular, it happened twice this morning while on twitter.

It's definitely a lot better than it was, but still not 100%.

Should my next step be taking it back to Samsung?

Cheers,

Danny

@DannyDigital - If you still have the issue, you'll need to look at a repair.