cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Rusty5010
4: Newbie
I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen so far

grimesey11
3: Seeker
Did you factory reset?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yeah im liking what i see thus far too. 

Looking a lot sleeker due to the new Grace Ui

No factory reset or system cache reset done. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

glad you all enjyoing it after the long wait, saying that we only got it last week.

when i say we i mean the branded firmware

I know some of you have asked earlier about factory resetting it after upgrade.  Well i had issues after my upgrade and on advice factory reset it.

I felt the phone ran so much better after the factory reset a lot of error i got disappeared and battery life seemed to improve.

Mimo2000
12: Established
It depends grimesey11 some people have problems with out factory reset some don't.
For me every major update like this i always do factory reset just to make sure there are no conflicts between the 2.

stantheman77
5: Helper
Just a heads up which might help people with XEU phones in the future.

Well I got temporary BTU firmware from sammobile, flashed home Csc (leaves settings as they are) onto my XEU phone weeks ago (thanks to help from mimo & greenman on sammobile) and enjoyed an early session with Nougat.

I never changed my csc to BTU bit kept my XEU with the intention to return to original status when XEU firmware was available.

Just downloaded Sammobile firmware XEU update UK/Ireland & flashed it using home csc & all back to original set up. As I was already on Nougat and it's virtually the same firmware there was no difference and everything is as it was. Running smooth as ever and I don't think any need for factory reset.
Been a great learning curve, thank you.

In future I will not wait for XEU update but will do as I've done here.... Very easy after the helpful information and understanding the ins and outs.

Samsung S7 Edge G935FXXU1DQB3 7.0

JamesW87
I'm absolutely baffled by this calling fault. So I'm pretty sure it's due to BTU, but basically at no specific time or call duration, my phone drops calls.

It goes completely garbled for a few seconds then drops the call. It's a mess of noises like the old dialup tones but in no specific pattern. I might try XEU to see if that makes any difference. It's utterly frustrating! Sometimes I manage 5 mins on the phone, other times it goes just as they pick up.

Any suggestions? 😢

Mimo2000
Hi James have you tried clearing cache? If that don't work then it might have to be a factory reset to clear any bugs

JamesW87
Hi Mimo,

I have indeed. That was the last thing I did and it seemed to fix everything. Unfortunately not everything.

Although this problem seems to be aligned with me being on nougat, could a local cell tower be the culprit? I haven't had a repeat of it today whilst I was driving to another part of the country!