cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

@Stevie1 wrote:
Hi, Spitfire 400, Yes Android 7.0 supports wifi calling although you may need to reactivate it yourself

my wifi calling disappeared after factory reseting my phone and myvodafone app does not have the feature to deactivate wifi calling.  So i text Vodafone code, waited for 15 min and then just called support.

They was able to do it straight away and wifi calling reappeared.  everything good now

Spitfire400
4: Newbie
And was this on the BTU firmware previously mentioned, or on branded vf UK?

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
On the BTU firmware

:robotmad:

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established
Hi Spitfire

My phone was a branded VOD I flashed btu in which it unbranded it now my csc is btu I done what you done text that number with the word CALLING and left it for a few hours turned off the phone and restarted it then checked to see if it was there and it was.

Stevie1
Hi trevbtp, if l find anything else or hear if something which matches your issue l will post it on here for you

Stevie1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Stevie1

Most of that update if correct isn't going to change my usage to be honest. 

The feature "4. App Shortcuts on Home Screen" seems to be what Apple have already introduced on their iOS with offering multi options when holding the App. :Winking_smiley:

I see on Nougat we have a couple of options already including putting the App to sleep which is cool. 

The "Fingerprint Gestures" looks promising.  :Smiling:

What always interests me is the Security Patches. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers - I think the fingerprint gestures will be a big hit!

I used to use Nova Prime as my launcher, mainly for the gestures, then Nougat came out and I decided to stick with Samsung's stock launcher to give Grace UX a bit of time. The gestures were the the main thing I missed with Nova as I struggled at times to reach the notification bar, well that was until I decided to sell my S7 Edge for an iPhone 7 the other day :smileyembarrassed:

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

Stevie1
Hi @BandOfBrothers,

I totally agree with you and as yourself l think the security patches are more important

raniwasacyborg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Anyone else suffering with a collection of bugs since updating? I've been having regular video playback issues, WiFi dropping out, Google Play services crashing... It's great that we have Nougat at last, but I'll be even happier when we get the up-to-date version with patches!