cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established
Ah sounds like interference then mate if it's not happened today.

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
I had a similar issue with calls after flashing the BTU CSC but it seems to sorted it self out now not sure if me having wifi calling enabled all the time has anything to do with it but may be worth a try.

:robotmad:

So I was previously on a Custom ROM, but have had problems with syncing with my jawbone up24 tracker, so flashed the newest VF 7.0 Firmware, but could not enable Wi-Fi calling by the method of removing it on website. Then waiting 15 minutes, and sending SMS to 97888. I got the confirmation telling me it was enabled but after a while, and a couple of re-boots the option was not showing up in settings in the phone app for WiFi calls. Are we saying now that only XEU & BTU csc Firmwares will allow this to work as the VOD ones are multi-CSC and not officially enabled for it?

If someone could clear this up, I will then know to de-brand firmware again, and flash either XEU, or BTU. I think I would again choose BTU.

I already spent most of the afternoon rolling back to 6.0.1 VOD, as S Health did not like me straight updating to 7.0 VOD through ODIN. Wow, long post but hopefully someone can confirm if VOD does or doesn't support WiFi calling.

97mralig
5: Helper
Found a bug
Everytime i close youtube app while a video is playing phone reboots happened twice

Stevie1
Try stopping the video first then close the youtube app and see what happens.

97mralig
5: Helper
Think it doesn't reboot if i pause the video. A bit of a weird bug tbh

Stevie1
Hi trevbtp, have a look at this you may find some thing to help you with your issue with Twitter.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169915

Hi Stevie,

Cheers.

Yeah I've looked there, and suggestion doesnt resolve issue.  Will keep scouring forums / await another Twitter update / Nougat patch

regards

TrevP

Spitfire400
4: Newbie
Does Android 7.0 support Wi-Fi CALLING? Still waiting for the service to activate

Stevie1
Hi, Spitfire 400, Yes Android 7.0 supports wifi calling although you may need to reactivate it yourself