Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung s6 Edge battery

Googs76
3: Seeker

Hi My Samsung S6 Edge battery doesnt seemlast very long. In order to use my phone I have to keep it on charge all day! I never have any apps opne and have checked the battery usage.  I believe ths is a notorious problem with this model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

Regarding Samsung Service Centres. 

Link > Samsung Service Centre.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Googs76

How long have you owned the phone and how many times have you charged it. 

Are you you on the latest firmware. 

I ask because new batteries can take a few recharge cycles to hit peak optimum output. 

Also so if a person is letting the battery drop below 20% this can have a detrimental affect on the battery. 

I'd certainly check your settings such as location settings etc.  You know the ones that would use the battery more. Also look at recently downloaded Apps and delete them to see if a rogue app is using the battery more. Facebook App being one. 

If you feel all the settings are ok then I'd suggest visiting a Samsung Service Centre and or contact Samsung Uk Support via their Uk online site. I suggest this as Samsung will know their hardware and software better than a networks repair centre.  

Current Phone  >

Googs76

Hi I have had the phone for 11 months and have to charge it daily so the battery never runs out. It seems to drain by the minute if  take it off charge even when not using apps. In fact I have gone so much to have to buy and use another mobile phone as i cannot trust this phone not to run out of battery when I am travelling. I now 2 have bills!

I will take this phone to Samsung as you suggested. Its the worst phone ive every had. I notice the new Samsung S7 has improved battery but I will never buy a Samsung again after this expierence.

BandOfBrothers

Using the phone that long should have optimised the phones battery. 

If you've looked at Battery saving tips to which some are available via a Google Search then yes I would suggest approaching Samsung. 

The Samsung s6 has had a few bad reviews concerning it I agree but my friends is fine. Sometimes it can be that a person ends up with a 'lemon'. 

Im personally looking at the s7 edge or Note 7 if the iPhone 7 Plus / Pro doesn't tick my wants and needs boxes.  

Current Phone  >

Lemon is right :smileyfrustrated:

I think i would prefer to try the iphone 7 instead. I wonder if Vodafone will allow me to change phone mid contract considering?

Hi @Googs76

You will not be allowed to change your phone mid contract, however may be entitled to a repair under the manufacturer warranty. 

I would recommend speaking to our Live Chat team here and they will go through this in more detail with you.

Thanks

Khizar

hrym

Most manufacturers guarantee their batteries for at least 12 months, so you may be covered by that.  If it's faulty and outside that, Samsung should still cover it and I'd recommend going direct as they're more likely to have stock on hand and be able to do the repair quickly.

Have you been allowing the battery to go flat?  Lithium-based cells really don't like that and it'll shorten their life considerably, especially done on a regular basis.  There's no memory effect and no need to "exercise" them - in fact, frequent topping-up is actually best!  You should still be able to get a warranty repair, but knowing this should enable you to prevent a recurrence.

In an extreme case, if the battery dies just as the phone is writing to system memory, it can compromise the OS and stop the device from booting.

Googs76
Thanks guys. I will chat to vf online tomorrow. I'm not sure where my local Samsung repair centre is? The phone is fully insured with VF though.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

Regarding Samsung Service Centres. 

Link > Samsung Service Centre.

Current Phone  >