Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Mobile vs Vodafone policy

catch_t007
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Here lies the problems... I have two bits of information today from Vodafone and Sony Mobile.

Vodafone "Sony had told us we can't do a replacement only repairs"

Sony " I'm sorry, it would appear that Vodafone have misinformed you. This is simply not true, as I said we genuinely have nothing to do with Vodafone's repair policies and procedures. It is entirely at their own discretion as to whether or not they send out replacement handsets."

Anyone like to see the proof, I have it!

Can someone from Vodafone answer me please?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

ewanrw
11: Established
11: Established

If its within first 4 weeks, Vodafone (as with all networks) will usually replace a faulty handset, after that, it'll be sent for repair.

I believe.

ewan

Hi Ewan,

Do you work for Vodafone?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@catch_t007 wrote:

Here lies the problems... I have two bits of information today from Vodafone and Sony Mobile.

Vodafone "Sony had told us we can't do a replacement only repairs"

Sony " I'm sorry, it would appear that Vodafone have misinformed you. This is simply not true, as I said we genuinely have nothing to do with Vodafone's repair policies and procedures. It is entirely at their own discretion as to whether or not they send out replacement handsets."

Anyone like to see the proof, I have it!

Can someone from Vodafone answer me please?

Thank you.

Hi,

I think you would better receive a reply via Customer service as this is a customer to customer forum. Vodafone oversee the forum and is run by admin, moderators and Tech Staff who help with issues with Signal / Sure Signal and the like. 

If I may add : In my experience both the Manufacturer and Network have a T&C. 

If a person is past the cooling off period and within the manufacturers warranty and the issue falls within the remit of the T&C i.e. The fault is not from a drop / water damage etc then they will repair the phone. If they cannot repair the phone then a replacement is offered or if that model is discontinued then another model at similar specs typically. 

How long have you had the phone may I ask ?

Look at the Sales of Goods Act legislation. 

I do not work for Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@catch_t007

If your equipment is faulty after the first 14 days cancellation period, you have two choices.  

You can send the phone direct to a Sony Repair Centre or take the phone into a Vodafone Store to be sent off for repair. Should it be a manufacturing fault, the phone will be repaired under warranty.

Please see the link below.

Repairing a faulty phone or device

It is the Sale of Goods and Service Act which apply to mobile phone contracts.  By offering a repair, Vodafone are complying with the Act.

Second phone which was replaced on 27 July 2015.

jeffkinn

There are some further things to take into account here.

Vodafone will have a back to back warranty relationship with Sony. If they have to repair a phone they too will be looking to recover the money from the manufacturer. That back to back arrangement will have its terms and conditions and no doubt that will include when Sony will pay for a replacement phone as opposed to a repair.

As customers we are not privy to that information and I doubt the person you spoke to at Sony would be either.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png