Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Registeration Problem

tsamji
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Sure signal box Serial number: 41113740454

I attempted to get this up and running before xmas and was advised that it was still registered with the original owner.

I have made numerous attempts to contact the seller/owner to get the box de-registered in order for me to re-register it under my name.  I brought the box back in Nov 2012, but only had my BT broadband install end Dec 2012.

I ask Vodafone Tech Team for there help in getting this box de-registered, so I can register it, in order for my personal and work Vodafone mobile and my wife's personal vodafone mobile to have 3g in the house.

17 REPLIES 17

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tsamji,

I have just tried to do this for you however, it has not been possible to obtain the original owner on the number registered.

Can I ask where it was purchased from?

James

I received it as present from a friend that brought it and who has numerours times attempted to make contact with the original owner to de-register it. It seems the orginal owner no longer has a voda a/c. Which may result in the case of him not de-registering it.

If the orignal owner no longer has a vodafone a/c what can we ask him to do for the SSB to be de-registered.

any number for him to call or for him to send an email to etc...

Rgds,

Tej.

James

A friend at work as taken PITY on me and LENT me his SSB while we attempt to get my original SSB de-registered and then re-registered onto my account.

James - friend at work has mentioned he obtained his SSB for FREE from Vodafone.  When I discussed my network issues with Vodafone back in August 2012 I was told a fee of £50 was required - hummmmm

Anyway I'm going to register the following SSB s/n 40113600379 so that I can get some use of our vodafone mobile phones at home.

I hope we can get the original SSB de-registered soon

Rgds,

PS - thanks for all your support so far

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tsamji,

Thanks for your post and for your understanding.

I am unable to confirm or deny any details regarding the state of the original owners account however, they can still get in touch via email or by calling the landline number of 08700 700 191 if they no longer have an account with us.

In regards to the free Sure Signal, as the new units cost around £250 to make we aren’t allowed to provide them free of charge as we are already taking a heavy loss on each unit we sell.

I can see that the new unit has now been registered, how is everything going?

James

James

I have the following information regarding the Original SSB in question:

Owner: Alan Goldsmith

Telephone Number: (Removed for security) 

I have attempted to make contact but it keeps on going into Voice Message.

I hope we can do something now RE: de-registering the SSB

James

The borrowed/lent SSB that is currently registered is working fine for my registered number.

but the added 2 users do not seem to be getting any network signal

Rgds,

Tej.

Also When I registered the SSB my surname on the system has not been corrected it needs to be Samji

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tsamji,

It looks like the Sure Signal registered a location change - either physical or virtual - after it was registered to yourself, so I have performed a resync. Can you try a hard reset as described above for me?

If this doesn't clear things, can you change the postcode, leave it for a couple of hours and then change back? This should help the system refresh its location records. Again, I'd do a hard reset after trying this.

Apologies for the confusion previously regarding the second hand Sure signal, though. For data protection reasons we cannot instigate contact with the original owner - they would need to contact us themselves.

Dave

Dave

1. Borrowed/lent SSB is working fine and all three vodafone handsets have network signal. (when checked this morning - will double check again on my return 'Thursday')

2. Now back to the origianl SSB and owner name: Alan Goldsmith - I have also attempted to make contact via email and phone, but not getting anywhere. - there must be something that we can do, there must.