Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal and hopeless web inconsistencies

uspnet
6: Helper
6: Helper

I have been an occasional victim of Vodafone's inability to manage a web site for several years now. The people on the end of the phone are polite and helpful enough within their limited range of options, but they are trying cope with the towering incompetence of management that allows a demonstrably dysfunctional web site to waste everyone's time.

I have listed my present round of contradictory experiences with the Suresignal at  vodafone.isadisgrace.com which sets out the latest evidence that whoever manages Vodafone's web presence needs to be replaced to save users and support people from high blood pressure, and an early grave.

Vodafone - you are never going to sort this out by patching the present shambles. Start again and hire a team of web and database architects and developers who know what they are doing. You may have to pay more for good old-fashioned British talent - but the cost savings in the long run will be huge. And you will be able to avoid paying even more UK tax.

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi uspnet, 

I've had a look at the page and am happy to see your Sure Signal is now working. 

We can stop these text messages coming through to you if you supply your Sure Signal serial number. 

Thanks, 

Kay

It/they has/have always worked. That's no the issue. The issue is that I get sent messages telling me it/they has/have moved when they have not. Please read http://www.isadisgrace.com/vodafone/ and look at all the issues raised. I am not going to waste my time again reconfirming the website is still wrong.

sn 

21224495305 and 21196808410

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi uspnet,

Thanks for providing your serial numbers.

I’ve checked them both and there’s been no locations changes for the one ending 305. However, the one ending 410 was showing a change so I’ve updated the details for you.

If you’ve not changed any of the details yourself, then the only other way you’d receive messages about a location change is if your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has sent firmware updates to your router.

You may wish to contact them to see if there were any updates at the time you received the messages.

Thanks,

Andrew

Please explain the mechanism by which an ISP router firmware update advises Vodafone of a change of SureSignal location. I am intrigued to know what sort of spyware is involved. #vodafarce.

WSP+++

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi uspnet, 

If there is a Firmware update it can force a reboot of your router which may change your IP address. 

As IPs can vary by location this maybe why your Sure Signal shows it has moved. 

Thanks, 

Kay