cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal only connects to one handset at a time?

JayBM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have both my iphone 4s and my wifes iphone 4 set up on the sure signal. For the last couple of months, my wifes iPhone 4 has never picked up the signal. I have reset her phone fully all setting, reset the router default and the sure signal many times, but only I got signal.

Today I was tidyng up the wiring around the router and sure signal and turned the sure signal off for about 5 minutes.

Now it's back on and connected, and my wife has full 3g and I have nothing?!

Again nothing I seem to do can get mine back on there. I am the account holder so I can't even try and delete my user and re-add.

All a bit frustrating. Can these things only handle 1 phone at a time? Is it coincidence it coinsides with the softare update for VSS?

1 REPLY 1

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi JayBM,

This is definitely odd. If you switch phones in and out of flight mode can you cause either to connect when the other is inactive (just wondering whether there's a capacity issue and whetther the VSS is connecting phones on a 'first com, first served' basis)?

If that's the case, I would do the diagnostics tests and post the results back here in this same message thread.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Peter