Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

This is why I haven’t paid my bill

T20oer
4: Newbie

I’m sending you 2 transcripts of conversations I’ve had a week apart with your agents on online chat. Both times the agent promised this would be sorted......... I am not paying the original amount asked for because it is incorrect and both your agents agreed. I believe you are in breach of contract and I wish to cancel my contract as I am still within the 30 day period from when I received the replacement phone and took a new contract . Appalling service considering I have been with you for 10 years

5 REPLIES 5

T20oer

T20oer

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @T20oer

If your within your 30 Day Network Satisfaction Guarantee period then you certainly can cancel but to do this you will need to contact Customer Services on 191 as they will need to take you through Security Protocols.

This cant be achieved on a forum.

Live Chat cannot cancel a contract either. 

This link below explains the process, and options such as Pac and the advice not to cancel your Direct Debit until everything is settled which is usually sent in paper form 2 weeks after cancelling.

Also wait until you get a Sorry your Leaving letter and a £0 bill. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts might be able to advise also when they catch up with your post. 

Can i just add an advisement > As this concerns billing and charges and from what I understand from your post title please be aware if payment is withheld then Vodafone can and will attach a Default onto a persons Credit File without having to give prior warning if they feel they have exhausted collection of funds options. Its a much easier process to acquire a refund than having a default removed which lasts 6 years. 

You can use Credit Houses like Experian to check your Credit File. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch with us @T20oer. I'm disappointed to hear of your billing issues and I apologise for the delay in our response.

Both @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers are absolutely correct in their responses to you in terms of witholding payments. We wouldn't advise doing this as it could have a serious impact on your credit file in the future and Vodafone wouldn't be liable for.

I'd like to take a look into your account with you, so I've sent you a private message on how you can contact our team.

AnnS

Hi @T20oer

There is nothing stopping you from cancelling within the 30 day time limit.

The live chat agent has adjusted your bill added a further credit and at the same time reconnected your service and asked you to settle the revised amount by the following day.  When a bill has already been generated for the month any adjustments and credits will appear on the following months bill.  With this being a new agreement, you will also have some pro rata charges on the bill making it more than expected and you will be able to see the dates you have been billed on your bill.

Unless the direct debit is already active at the bank and it is too late to make any adjustment, Vodafone should only take the amount given to you on the chat.  However, if any additional amount is taken, it will be credited back on the following months bill.

The best way forward now is to let the Team catch up with the thread, they will be able to look at the account and confirm the credits have been added and the tariff you have agreed.